winchester coyote lite 22 250 ?

I've got the coyote model with the laminate stock. Love the gun but I think I would prefer the lite version with the bell n Carlson stock. It gets a bit heavy on long walks between stands. So far has been a great gun.

i too has a coyote with lam stock in 223. it was deadly accurate for an off the shelf gun and even made me look good at times.

the lite looks like a great gun except for the price tag.

Originally Posted By: desert daveAny one use a winchester coyote lite? Like or dislikes

I picked up a new one about two weeks ago. Swapped the vented B&C stock with a B&C extreme weather stock. I had to open the barrel channel just a hair due to the bigger barrel contour on the coyote lite to get the barrel free floated. No biggie. I put Talley's on top and a Leupold Tactical 3.5-10x40 scope. Now I got a faux extreme weather model 70 but chambered in 22-250 and a little over 8lbs.

I'm taking it coyote hunting for the first time next weekend and will report if I get one.

For ammo, I'm currently rocking Hornady superformance 50gr VMAX bullets. I got a few hundred 40gr Nosler BTs that are going to get loaded as well.

I have the coyote model in 243 WSSM and bought the coyote light stock from Numrich. The gun is light and very manageable for a carrying around all day.

Originally Posted By: Coyote-HunterOriginally Posted By: desert daveAny one use a winchester coyote lite? Like or dislikes

I picked up a new one about two weeks ago. Swapped the vented B&C stock with a B&C extreme weather stock. I had to open the barrel channel just a hair due to the bigger barrel contour on the coyote lite to get the barrel free floated. No biggie. I put Talley's on top and a Leupold Tactical 3.5-10x40 scope. Now I got a faux extreme weather model 70 but chambered in 22-250 and a little over 8lbs.

Did you have to swap out the bottom metal on it too? I have been wanting to put that same stock on mine but from what I have read it uses the one piece floor plate and mine has the two piece. I have seen a conversion for this issue on eBay but it's a spacer made out of of delrin and I am a little wary af how stable it would be for the bedding. I glass bedded the action and floor plate on mine. I also saw a conversion for this issue on Stockey's website where they used washers as spacers to bring the two piece floor plate up to the correct height.

Originally Posted By: K_V_VOriginally Posted By: Coyote-HunterOriginally Posted By: desert daveAny one use a winchester coyote lite? Like or dislikes

Did you have to swap out the bottom metal on it too? I have been wanting to put that same stock on mine but from what I have read it uses the one piece floor plate and mine has the two piece. I have seen a conversion for this issue on eBay but it's a spacer made out of of delrin and I am a little wary af how stable it would be for the bedding. I glass bedded the action and floor plate on mine. I also saw a conversion for this issue on Stockey's website where they used washers as spacers to bring the two piece floor plate up to the correct height.

No, both stocks were inletted for the one-piece unit. Like you mentioned, you can get the conversion on ebay or spend $100 and get the aluminum one-piece unit from PT&G. Weighs like 2 oz or so and it is nice bottom metal. The B&C stocks are solid enough where the bottom metal doesn't need to be bedded.

Originally Posted By: yotehunter57 What does that there Coyote Lite weigh?

Shayne

My coyote with the coyote lite stock topped with a Vortex PST weighs 9.4 lbs. Oh and it has a stock pack. I'm not sure how much weight the fluted barrel takes off.

Back