Fracking... What Do You Think?

Originally Posted By: woodguruOriginally Posted By: CoondoggerI haven't seen any problems with fracking that can be scienetficly proven..lots of enviornmentalists spewing lies about stuff, but nothing that has been proven..I don't see how the proccess can cause any real damage, but then I am not an engneer either..so take it for what it's worth..

You haven't seen, have you looked?

When you "have lots of environmentalists "spewing lies" and the GOP and the industry itself saying it's all good don't you sort of have to keep an open mind and pay attention to what the problems are that come up?

You don't see how 600 chemicals, some of which are absolutely known to be bad enough news that refineries have to keep them fully contained in populated areas or have a whole lot of sick people. What, is it okay to do whatever with them in lower populated areas? Chemicals that last forever, once they pollute ground water it's virtually forever? Pollution that the industry found it necessary to get a free pass on as pertains to future liability or oversight?

It's okay as long as it isn't affecting you or your community. As long as you don't see it it's all lies and BS.

Watch the documentary before deciding it's all BS.

So, you start a thread asking us what we think of fracking, so what, you could jump down the throats of those who don't agree with your agenda? Look you pompus a$$, I could care less if you agree with us or not. The last film that purported to show all the dangers of fracking "gasland" went down in flames, as being a libious, lying piece of crap waste of film that it was..and I watched it and didn't believe it.

People like you have a problem. You don't have science on your side. Go crawl back under your rock, we'll wake you if we ever need you, which is doubtful..

So, you start a thread asking us what we think of fracking, so what, you could jump down the throats of those who don't agree with your agenda? Quote from"CoonDogger"

Well said,Dogger..

I have friends in Pa.. Their farm has been literally surrounded by fracking wells for the last five years or so but they have not heard of a single environmental violation. They do not have any wells on their land but they wish they did.

I am involved in a lot of State and Federal building projects.Let me tell you there is no funny buisness when it comes to enviromental contamination,by the sub contractors,we are very careful..

Only the State and Fed.officials are allowed to break the rules,ignore the project specifications,and blame others for their incompetance.

We had a truck spinning a 40-0 trailer on the site break a hydralic line,spilled about a gallon of oil on the pavement,you would have thought it was the BP oil spill,that one cost me!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: woodguru

Sounds like you bought into the whole GOP line, hook line and sinker.

A little jab back at you woodpecker, how about if your messiah would let the keystone pipe line be built and the oil could from Canada instead of the US. Don't get me wrong if it's poisoning the water supply by all means, shut off the wells. I'll live off artesian and the land. Just don't take my guns away. If the left wants horse and buggy, bicycles or electric cars which 1 in 50 Americans would be employed, by all means, go for it.

I don't think about it as much as I did when I was younger.
Where I was born the water wells had enough gas in them to run small stoves,so people did and still are to my knowledge.If gas does get in the well it's not necessarily a big deal is it?I could see how gas could seep upwards,maybe.

LOL your right TN,lot of people forget that the "Evil Mother Nature" as a wholly owned subsidiery of HALIBURTON.created oil and natural gas...

Common sense is not so common any more...

Oh and back to Haliburton,does anybody remember(sure the Texas boys will) Kellog,Brown and Root,they were owned by Haliburton.
So speaking of coruption,murder,shaky land deals, guess who was the bag man for KBR?? Well it was non other than Lyndon Baynes Johnson!! No way Baystate,say its not so,only Republicans can be corrupt scoundrels!! Its is so,the father of the "Great Society"was the dirtiest scumbag of a politition this country has ever known.

Google Billy Sole Estes,Boddy Baker,Henry Marshal,and Johnsons deal as owner of the land where the Johnson Space center sits,also how he and Lady Bird stole all of the TV and Radio stations in the Austin area using his influence in the Senate and the "Johnson Treatment".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTELOL your right TN,lot of people forget that the "Evil Mother Nature" as a wholly owned subsidiery of HALIBURTON.created oil and natural gas...

Oh and back to Haliburton,does anybody remember(sure the Texas boys will) Kellog,Brown and Root,they were owned by Haliburton.
So speaking of coruption,murder,shaky land deals, guess who was the bag man for KBR?? Well it was non other than Lyndon Baynes Johnson!! No way Baystate,say its not so,only Republicans can be corrupt scoundrels!! Its is so,the father of the "Great Society"was the dirtiest scumbag of a politition this country has ever known.

Google Billy Sole Estes,Boddy Baker,Henry Marshal,and Johnsons deal as owner of the land where the Johnson Space center sits,also how he and Lady Bird stole all of the TV and Radio stations in the Austin area using his influence in the Senate and the "Johnson Treatment".

Why is it we elect the crooks to government office, and expect them to do what is in our best interest's?? Just sayin..

Originally Posted By: CoondoggerOriginally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTELOL your right TN,lot of people forget that the "Evil Mother Nature" as a wholly owned subsidiery of HALIBURTON.created oil and natural gas...

Why is it we elect the crooks to government office, and expect them to do what is in our best interest's?? Just sayin..

Amen! We dont vote them in. Its the likes of HB and W Pckr and P Smkr that do. But we need to get them out. Unfortunately there are too many teat suckers that out vote us..figure out how to defeat that, and we may stand a chance.

Originally Posted By: woodguruOriginally Posted By: Dead Down WindKeep the FRACKING going!

My family (Williston ND) currently has 2 wells free flowing 500 barrels per well a day, and, soon too be another pad added on one of them:)

NICE!!

How ya gonna feel about that when they or their neighbors can't drink their water?

Or will they just move and say fuggit?

My guess is you'll be singing another tune when their kids are sick and they have to move, then you'll want to sue someone for allowing this to happen.

I just pulled up pictures and articles in local newspapers of Williston, try it, in ten minutes you wouldn't think of moving there. Since the floods oil and chemicals have polluted rivers. There are some particularly nasty looking shots of rural roads that have stripes along the edges of the roads where tankers drive along and dump fracking fluids rather than properly dispose of them.

You can keep it and your oil.

My guess is that your area is soon to be a hotbed of controversial political battles between environmentalists and the GOP, the pollution is way too visible.

We'll talk to you in a year or two when you have to pull your head out because of what your family is reporting about their area.

Look at some pictures of the area and livestock and tell me "Nice" again.

STFU!

Nobody asked for your Liberal Bull!

Originally Posted By: Ross MitchRocky, Rocky....Rocky

Oh yeah... By the way everyone, meet our latest forum troll. 3 posts on the board and already PMing me to tell me how stupid my posts are, how no one ever agrees with me, and how I always google stuff and try to pass it off as my own information.

Someone want to tell us who it is here on the forum that is always trying to pass themselves off as an expert, and NEVER posts a link to anything to support their position on anything???

Would an administrator please check this moron's IP address against our other resident trolls, as it appears he signed up just before Woodrot made all of these insulting posts in this thread, and PMed me with insulting comments right after the above reply. I believe multiple personalities is grounds for being banned, isn't it?

Rocky, i called him out on the firearms forum but the administator must have deleted the posts. He's a troll alright

So much cooler online...

peckerwood...Voted the most uptight shiite filled liberal in need of a blow job.

Mods: I am trying not to be annoying, really I am.
T2G

Last edited:
Fracking is as safe as any other type of drilling. Science has shown this to be true. The Democraps and the uneducated greenies here in NY are doing whatever they can to block it. It has been a 4+ year struggle here and still not over.......

Nothing but political BS...

JMHO

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEOriginally Posted By: elixys....its funny you mention that because I'm the guy that goes out and recycles that water and makes it reusable. Not in that exact area but out here in w. Texas.

Yes,and have any farms,wet lands,towns and environments been ruined by fracking??

Badda Bing, there's the real question, whether by fracking or the dumping of the waste water and by products.

When the fracking got going in the hills, anywhere from 10 to 40 miles away, ponds to store the waste water in started poping up here.
Sooo, all went well until the waste was coming in faster than it could be cleaned(I guess), then the situation turned to scat.
The owners of the ponds started pumping the waste water directly into creeks, killing fish by the thousands, deer by the hundreds, and countless other wildlife.
Even the EPA and the Arkansas Dept, of Enviromental Quality have no idea when, if ever the Wetland area will recover.

I know one of the land owners whose land was contaminated by the illegal dumping. The law suit has been ongoing for a few years now. And being the owner is over 70 years old, he will probably be dead and gone before anything is settled.

There are probably more cases like this, but this one is the only one I have personal knowledge of.

Shayne

Originally Posted By: woodguruOriginally Posted By: Rocky1The state of North Dakota found no issues with the process what so ever. Told the EPA to go the he11 back to DC and do whatever they do down there, that they'd take of ND.

In defense of the process... ND acquifers are found from 40 to 800 feet deep. Fracking there is taking place at depths of 12,000 to 15,000 feet deep. Over 2 miles of below the acquifer. Kinda difficult to justify a problem as a result of fracking there.

Sounds like you bought into the whole GOP line, hook line and sinker.

Now wake up and look at the reality, it's ruining farms and ranches and not for a little while either.

You can be the type who makes up his mind early on, or keep an eye on the issue and stand corrected. Some of the most insidious and hard regulated chemicals are being used without oversight (part of the Halliburton loopholes)

What, do you think the occasional blowout where the chemicals don't stay where they are supposed to is worth the risk?

There's a good documentary running right now where you can see a lot of things with your own eyes that are pretty hard to ignore.

What part of states being paid to deny complaints don't you get?

Rocky1, do you have the ability to change your mind once you've come to a conclusion?

Added:
Looking at the process, the chemicals are pumped back out to evaporate in open air pits, which is part of what is not okay, to speed up the evaporation it is pumped through misters. To make it worse these companies see nothing wrong with illegally dumping the residue rather than paying to have it properly disposed of.

One other unacceptable pollution is the refinery tanks that let out the wastes into the air, refineries are forced to capture, break down, and use these waste products which actually have uses. Halliburton has been given a free pass on many types of pollution.
Watch the documentary and let me know what you think, it shows things that you can see with your own eyes. If you can't trust your eyes you are blind.

Who funded and produced the 'documentary'?

Originally Posted By: woodguruOriginally Posted By: CoondoggerI haven't seen any problems with fracking that can be scienetficly proven..lots of enviornmentalists spewing lies about stuff, but nothing that has been proven..I don't see how the proccess can cause any real damage, but then I am not an engneer either..so take it for what it's worth..

You haven't seen, have you looked?

When you "have lots of environmentalists "spewing lies" and the GOP and the industry itself saying it's all good don't you sort of have to keep an open mind and pay attention to what the problems are that come up?

You don't see how 600 chemicals, some of which are absolutely known to be bad enough news that refineries have to keep them fully contained in populated areas or have a whole lot of sick people. What, is it okay to do whatever with them in lower populated areas? Chemicals that last forever, once they pollute ground water it's virtually forever? Pollution that the industry found it necessary to get a free pass on as pertains to future liability or oversight?

It's okay as long as it isn't affecting you or your community. As long as you don't see it it's all lies and BS.

Watch the documentary before deciding it's all BS.

What 600 bad chemicals do the oil companies use that are required to complete 'fracking'?

I don't know enough about the process to say for myself if it is safe or not. But if th gov and EPA are allowing it at all, it must be.

As for the rest of this, I think this is a troll feed thread and we need to stop feeding the trolls.

Methane gas bubbling up in creeks, bogs, swamps, and water faucets is nothing new. Poke holes in the ground, stuff starts moving.

Woodguru,

Show me one, concise, scientific report to support your claims. Not some documentary produced by the leftist Hollywood nonsense. I bet Michael Moore is your hero.

Last edited:
Looks like he disappeared again without providing documentation. Over 20 years ago a local businessmen had a house built about five miles from where I live. They had pictures in the local paper of him lighting the methane coming out of his kitchen faucet. There was never any fracking here, and his house is on a hill on a prime piece of land.

Back