Where can I find a complete bolt carrier group?

I have ordered from JoeBobOutfitters in the past and actually wanted to order this carrier from them as well. Rguns showed it being in stock though, and I wanted it ASAP so made the order. I will call them tomorrow and see what's up

Sean

I also have not been able to reach them. After three days of calling during normal business hours And not being able to reach them I called and cancelled my credit card. I would attempt to call and would get busy signals for 15 minutes or so, then keep callin until the line was clear. I would let I ring for several minutes and get no response. If they can't conduct business any better than that, they'll not get any from me. My card hadn't been charged yet so I figured canceling it and gettin it reissued was the est course of action. Good luck to everyone else that made an order from them, I have a feeling you're going to need it

les bauer has 2 different complete carrier groups one more fancy than the other, I have had nothing but a good experience with them.

I just got a pm from another member saying that after he sent two emails he finally got a reply stating that they have the phone line down because so many people are calling to check the order status on items. I guess they feel that their customers (or prospective customers) are not important enough to talk too. To me, this is an awful business practice and makes me even MORE leary of them. They claim their website is up to date. Honestly I think their site was awful to navigate. In addition I've now noticed some out of stock items are marked in black text and others in red text. The red text jumps out and catches your eye, and thinking that all out if stock items are noted in red, it's very easy to not notice the ones noted in black. It's very deceiving.

Originally Posted By: SeanEHonestly I think their site was awful to navigate.

I just went to their website and I think it's probably the worst site I've seen in a long time! Guess I won't buy from them.

Originally Posted By: SeanEI just got a pm from another member saying that after he sent two emails he finally got a reply stating that they have the phone line down because so many people are calling to check the order status on items. I guess they feel that their customers (or prospective customers) are not important enough to talk too. To me, this is an awful business practice and makes me even MORE leary of them. They claim their website is up to date. Honestly I think their site was awful to navigate. In addition I've now noticed some out of stock items are marked in black text and others in red text. The red text jumps out and catches your eye, and thinking that all out if stock items are noted in red, it's very easy to not notice the ones noted in black. It's very deceiving.

In their defense, we aren't answering phone calls at this time. Neither is Spike's, neither is Aim Surplus, etc. We literally have thousands of calls a day of customers wanting to know when pmags, lowers, uppers, etc will be back in stock. In all honesty, we could have a dozen employees answer phones all day and only make 3 sales. Everything is scarce, and answering a question that defeats a sale doesn't exactly lead to a profitable phone call. However, if they didn't respond to phone calls or voice mails after a few days then chances are they're just ignoring it or overrun.

You have NO idea how busy it is being in a tactical gun shop right now. We have a backlog of 1000+ orders sitting needing to get shipped out everyday, even with much of the good products already being picked clean.

Theoretically a business could double staff phones all day to keep up with questions, and make $0. Or they could ship out current orders and try to get caught back up on already paying customer orders.

Last edited:
This:

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfitters
In their defense, we aren't answering phone calls at this time. Neither is Spike's, neither is Aim Surplus, etc. We literally have thousands of calls a day of customers wanting to know when pmags, lowers, uppers, etc will be back in stock. In all honesty, we could have a dozen employees answer phones all day and only make 3 sales. Everything is scarce, and answering a question that defeats a sale doesn't exactly lead to a profitable phone call. However, if they didn't respond to phone calls or voice mails after a few days then chances are they're just ignoring it or overrun.

You have NO idea how busy it is being in a tactical gun shop right now. We have a backlog of 1000+ orders sitting needing to get shipped out everyday, even with much of the good products already being picked clean.

Theoretically a business could double staff phones all day to keep up with questions, and make $0. Or they could ship out current orders and try to get caught back up on already paying customer orders.

thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
I'd ordered a RRA BCG from ar15sales.com back on Dec 6, hopefully I still have a pending order.

I guess they're having the same issues being overwhelmed by phone and e-mails. I haven't been able to get ahold of them to see if my order is still in-the-works.

Guy's you need to give these places a break. They are so busy. In defense of RGuns. Some people do not like their new order cancellation policy. How would you like to lets say be putting a complete upper together for someone. As your tightening the barrel nut and then you get a cancellation request for it? Or be packaging something up to ship and receive a cancellation notice? It would be a flipping nightmare, I would go nut's and I think you would agree.

I don't agree with their cancellation policy, but thats not the real issue here. What I have a problem with is being misleading on their website, and then wanting to charge a guy $100 bucks to cancel an order on something that they don't have and didn't have in stock when the order was placed, even though the website said that it was. Now if I agreed to back order something, and then decide to cancel the order, that would be on me.

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersOriginally Posted By: SeanEI just got a pm from another member saying that after he sent two emails he finally got a reply stating that they have the phone line down because so many people are calling to check the order status on items. I guess they feel that their customers (or prospective customers) are not important enough to talk too. To me, this is an awful business practice and makes me even MORE leary of them. They claim their website is up to date. Honestly I think their site was awful to navigate. In addition I've now noticed some out of stock items are marked in black text and others in red text. The red text jumps out and catches your eye, and thinking that all out if stock items are noted in red, it's very easy to not notice the ones noted in black. It's very deceiving.

That's a pretty good trick waiting till after the order is paid to flash a notice that it wont be processed for 10 days...............maybe you should hire some temp help.......and answer your phones.

Guy's come on. Most of these AR places are small shops. Not Walmart's. Give them a little break here. I do not think any off you would want to be in their shoes. Sure there making money right now. But what happens when they have nothing left to sell and nothing coming in to sell?

Originally Posted By: ultramag
That's a pretty good trick waiting till after the order is paid to flash a notice that it wont be processed for 10 days...............maybe you should hire some temp help.......and answer your phones.

Was that aimed at us?

If so...

Our "Contact Us" Page:

JoeBob Contact Us Page

Quote:please allow 5-10 days for orders to be processed and shipped due to a huge surge in volume.

DUE TO VERY HIGH CALL VOLUME
PLEASE EMAIL INQUIRIES
(BOLDED AND UNDERLINED)

And our shopping cart page (which you obviously have to go through to checkout):

JoeBob: View Cart Page

Quote:please allow 5-10 days for orders to be processed and shipped due to a huge surge in volume.

If the cart allows you to checkout then the inventory is held for your order, and it is IN STOCK.
(BOLDED AND UNDERLINED)

If you think you can hire temp help for an unprecedented, unpredictable, sudden surge in business you are sadly mistaken.

First: Would the temp help even be worth a dang? It can take weeks if not MONTHS to properly train an employee. A guy off the street can't answer questions about YHM handguards, or 2 stage vs 1 stage triggers, or even know availability on items off the top of their head. So we COULD theoretically hire a ton of temp help, and try to train them (which takes away trained employees from doing their own work). Then, HOPEFULLY this surge of business continues (which it won't most likely) otherwise we'll be out tens of thousands of dollars in labor that we won't recoup.

Secondly: We literally have THOUSANDS of calls coming in a day. We'll have handfuls of lines at a time ringing in. We're not going to try to staff ALL the phone lines possible to answer questions such as:

"When are you getting more 30rd magazines in...I'll prepay. I REALLY want magazines!"

"I want an AR15 lower really really bad. When are you getting more in. Please give me the secret handshake because I'll love you forever"

If you know a cheap source for turn-key employees that KNOW guns inside and out, local to us, will show up to work on time every-day, work long hours, won't pocket expensive inventory, and are highly intelligent then I'd be all ears.

New guys screw up orders, period. They'll mess up boxing and shipping orders at the beginning of their employment. That in the end causes us to have even more customer service issues and additional costs to operate on top of their labor.

Everyone right now is panic buying which means they're not being sensible, and they're all throwing up random hail marries trying to connect with getting inventory.

We're backed up 1000 orders alone, without answering our phones. If we pull staffing off of processing orders, shipping orders, to answer the above questions we'd never get anything done. We ship out 400 orders a day. That's about our maximum capacity at our current staffing levels and influx of orders, customer service needed, FFL transfers being arranged, local business, etc. Our local sales have greatly increased as well through all this, which means more staffing needs to go upfront to work as well.

So at this point we have two choices:

1:Not answer all the calls and try to best serve our current customers and orders that are in processing.

2: Answer all phones and never get caught up and not serve our current customers that already have orders placed.

Option 1 seems to be the best in the long run.

Our availability is marked on the website, however, there are delays in processing on EVERY gun dealers website on the internet. Just check out DSG Arms, Rainier Arms, Brownells, Aim Surplus, etc, etc. EVERYONE has notes to expect delays and many indicate phone lines are slammed. That's life right now. NO business operates on a surplus of trained labor to accommodate a 2-3 times surge in normal volume.

Many of our distributors are backed up 3-7 days on shipping and they're not even dealing with customers. Only dealer orders.

I'm assuming you aren't a small business owner yourself? Staffing is the hardest thing to plan for, period. In our line of work, you can't hire random workers. The liability and risk that goes along with it all is unlike any other small business.

Did you get a Christmas break from your employer? How many days off are federal holidays at this time of year for employees? How many days this time of year do USPS & Fedex not operate? These all affect our timelines in shipping. Just so YOU know, we've had a total of (8) personal days taken for our entire dozen employees outside of Christmas Day in the entire month of December. That includes sick days, or days they needed off for family commitments. Yes, we have families too. Many businesses take a week off at this time of year, which we have not done.

Most of our part timers are working fulltime hours, and all of our fulltimers are working additional hours. Many are working on weekends ontop of working all week.

If you want to complain to someone, you're preaching to the choir. We're busting our tail to try to get caught up, and have made it obvious enough on the website to let people know what we're dealing with currently on wait times which is currently an industry standard.

We can cancel your order if you'd like. Just email us your order # and reference this thread and we'll take care of it.

Just my $.02.

Last edited:
Joebob's has top notch customer service. I have done business with them prior to all of the current madness as well as during all of this. There inventory is accurate, their website is clear, and they r fulfilling orders in less time than they r quoting. With everything they are dealing with they r handling it like champs. There are many many other gun companies that rnt even coming close to the handling the influx as well.

Between the election, school shooting and holiday purchases anything firearms related is behind....Joe Bob's is one of the great places IMO their customer service in the past and fast shipping make up for the delay at this point.....that reminds me I need to place a order for a timney.

Back