Any of you guys have a Savage with the trigger guard bolt release?

jefo65

Need a little help folks. Picked up a loaded accustock the other day and I'm working towards converting my older model 10 predator with the blind magazine into a magazine fed rifle. Looks like the stock may have had the trigger guard bolt release.
I got (what I believe anyway) everything I need to make the switch if necessary, but for the life of me I can't figure out where the new sear spring goes with the new sear/bolt release. The trigger brackets are the same for both models. I got the receiver, the trigger, the release and new trigger guard all mocked up and it seems to fit and operate fine with the exception of obviously not resetting because of the lack of spring installation. A picture would be worth a thousand words if anyone has one with the accutrigger and trigger guard release they could snap a pic of post it. Thanks!

o79jxf.jpg

spring goes on the left side of the trigger guard

14m5iqo.jpg

Sorry I didn't understand what you were asking
The first picture is the lever the button on the front of the trigger guard contacts when pushed. Right side of the action
1z4h847.jpg

The second is part of the spring left side of the action

This is where I'm beating my head against the wall,....there doesn't seem to be enough spacing inbetween the trigger bracket and the sear assy to fit the spring. The trigger bracket sits tight against the receiver...the sear fits tight to the trigger bracket..there's no room to install the spring inbewteen them and secure both with the pin

Back