Track Identification

mallardshoot

Made a couple stands yesterday for coyotes and could get them to howl at me but they didn't want to come in so I called it a day. On the way out however I have been paying extra close attention to the tracks in the area because bobcats are known to be around and I found these. The snow is drifted in the SE corner of a field along a very dense stand of cedars, and the tracks meandered along the edge of both.
What do you think bobcat? I can't think of anything else. What intrigued me the most is how each track lands so close together, is this typical? By the way that's a .223 casing.
If they are bobcat I now have a new quest, and will likely need some advise because the wife would like a bobcat pelt, and who am I to deny the boss
lol.gif

Let me know what you think
Rick

[img:center]
IMG00056-20121224-1242_zps6b63e950.jpg
[/img]

[img:center]
IMG00055-20121224-1241_zps94ac70fb.jpg
[/img]

Definitely a cat. Be nice to see the trail pattern. Just looking at the two you posted, it appears the behind track middle toes aren't getting much weight. Might be a malformation or injury keeping the cat from bearing down on those toes.

Definetly a Cat Track,with all that Snow I bet it's staying close to the Ceadrs for cover and to hunt birds....hope You get him,they make a beautiful Tanned Pelt or Full Mount!

Back