anybody got any 450 bushmaster load data

I have one and have loaded it extensively. After trying numerous bullets, I came back to the Hornady 250 grain FXT -- pricey, but they work and this is what the cartridge was designed around.

Hornady has the cartridge in their new loading manual. I would strongly suggest you follow their guidelines and not get side tracked by some of the other loads posted on the net that are pushing pressures beyond SAAMI standards.

Lil'Gun is the powder or choice, giving the best accuracy in my tests, best ignition and best velocities. I use Winchester Small Rifle primers most of he time, but Remington 7 1/2's work well also. CCI 450's produce about 100 fps less velocity.

My factory duplication load is 35.1 grains of Lil'Gun. Safe maximum according to Hornady is 37.0 grains of Lil'Gun - this is what i use for hunting. These charges are for the 250 grain FXT bullet.

Accuracy of the factory rounds is fantastic. The charges listed above come pretty close.

Have fun!!!!

I have been impressed with the factory hornady ammo I get great groups at 100 yards. I plan to use the 250ftx for hunting, but wouldn't mind some cheap 230s for having fun. Are you using the crimp die from hornady or did you modify one of the lee crimps. All the info i have found states that lil gun is the way to go. Thanks

Your best bet is to stay with the 250 grain weight with a bullet diameter of .452 inches. While many have used .451 230's, in my opinion other factors start coming into play such as less neck tension.

I used a lot of 240 grain hornady xtp's with great results. These bullets are also listed in hornady's loading data. I was using 36.2 grains of LG.

I just size my cases and do not expand them. That way I get the most next tension. I do use the taper crimp function of the Hornady die, but not excessively. Measure some of your factory rounds at the crimp and that will give you an idea of how to set your die.

I do not use the lee die. Used to, but it is a solution (in my opinion) of having to modify the loading procedure to compensate for out of spec components (such as .450 or .451 diameter bullets or light for cartridge bullets).

Keep in mind that Hornady uses a taper crimp. They put a lot of effort to make a very accurate cartridge and do not use any type of fancy crimping. If they felt it was necessary, they would be doing it.

I have fired over 3000 rounds thru mine and came back to pretty much what Hornady offers -- I felt I just was not gaining anything. For fun I shoot resized 400 grain .458 bullets just because I like to hear the boom, have a cup of coffee and then here the bullet impact the berm!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: SiringoI have one and have loaded it extensively. After trying numerous bullets, I came back to the Hornady 250 grain FXT -- pricey, but they work and this is what the cartridge was designed around.

Hornady has the cartridge in their new loading manual. I would strongly suggest you follow their guidelines and not get side tracked by some of the other loads posted on the net that are pushing pressures beyond SAAMI standards.

Lil'Gun is the powder or choice, giving the best accuracy in my tests, best ignition and best velocities. I use Winchester Small Rifle primers most of he time, but Remington 7 1/2's work well also. CCI 450's produce about 100 fps less velocity.

My factory duplication load is 35.1 grains of Lil'Gun. Safe maximum according to Hornady is 37.0 grains of Lil'Gun - this is what i use for hunting. These charges are for the 250 grain FXT bullet.

Accuracy of the factory rounds is fantastic. The charges listed above come pretty close.

Have fun!!!!

That's what I do here and the results are fantastic.

Back