223 in green tip and orange tip

Mark2

Just curious what if any ill effects can happen to a AR when firing these types of ammo.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mark2Just curious what if any ill effects can happen to a AR when firing these toes of ammo.

I like red tips on my toes for ill no effects a AR

Both I do beleive were made for the M16. Green tip (penetrator) Orange Tip (Tracer). I would not think these would be bad for an AR.

Or are you talking about green tip (blitzking) or orange tip (nosler)? In either case they are not detrimental to your rifle.
OOPS, forgot to mention that Military orange tips (tracers) can start fires, so be careful with those.

Tom

Last edited:
If they are military rounds, the green tip is steel core and probably should not be used on steel targets...They are made to penetrate.. The red/orange tips are tracer and under dry conditions can start brush fires...

I don't think either will be detrimental to your rifle, as long as you thoroughly clean after using the tracers...Neither round is good for hunting though...

I was only thinking of using them on targets. The tracers I understand would get a little warm ish
smile.gif

Back