.243 varmint express vs superformance

Clayton86

I normally shoot hornady Varmint express 58gr moly rounds in my 243 I was down to 10 rounds left so I went to pick up more while out the other day but all anyone had was the 58gr non moly superformance. I think they should shoot about the same might be a little flatter actually needing a slight elevation adjustment maybe. Has any one switched between the 2 did u notice a huge difference in your zero? I'm wondering because if it's gonna be way different I'll take this time to throw the new stock and scope on the rifle rather then in the spring. I gotta take a few shots to confirm zero anyways the rifle has been sitting for a year while I was deployed so I gotta confirm all of them before I hit the woods.

Can't comment on the differences but what twist is your barrel?, My 243 wont shoot anything lighter than 100gr bullets and then its only inch groups at 100yds. Tried the 58gr vmaxs when they came out and couldnt get better than 4in groups.

It might shoot the same. Did you check the listed velocity for the two? My isnipe puts the varmint express at 3750fps It doesn't show the superformance though

Shoots identical. Just got done shooting it. Idk the twist off the top my head it's the marlin xs7 it shoots the 58gr varmint express touching at 100yds. The superformance shot dead on at 100 an I only fired 2 shots at
2 different targets so didn't get a group it was way to col out to sit out and shoot a bunch lol.

Back