urban coyotes

predator-243

ok here in kentucky we are having some coyote problems, i live in the city pretty much but there are some patches of woods and corn fields down the road. Everyone is having their cats and dogs killed, but in these fields i cant shoot anything not a gun or bow(to many houses roads and other things)! so i thought about trapping, i coyote hunt all the time but never trapped,and as everyone knows its really close to christmas and really dont have the money for traps.Does anyone know how to make a coyote trap? This would be really helpful thank you!

Last edited:
snares are easy to make and cheep. You can make footholds but it is pretty difficult. lots of cutting, bending, welding......... It takes lots of skill/know how and experience to build a good foothold.

Not to mention that if you have never trapped before you are taking on the ultimate critter to trap. You may want to learn on some other critters and work your way up, this way you wont be disappointed and educate the yotes in your area..

I looked at rural king and they have duke #2 foothold trap for $9.99, or the number #3 I guess I could get 2 of those but I still wouldn't know how to use it because youtube isn't helpful!

Last edited:
Give me a few and I'll have a video up on the Duke #2 offset trap that shows how to set it. I may also be able to put some video of how I make a "dirt hole set" in use in the field in there too.

It's not complicated but for a first time user of traps, perhaps it is needed info...

Look on trapperman for info and purchase a video from Mark June who is one of the best coyote trappers in the states and will take years off the learning curve.

Originally Posted By: Shurshotif you can't shoot them, what are you going to do with them when you catch them?

Lots of ways to kill an animal in a trap without shooting.

Originally Posted By: Jesse lackeyhuh, does that thing work?

I'm sure it does but talk about spendy! $77 for one! Not as expensive as cage traps but still...

used them once they are pricey but work well not my first choce thew but less pizz poor then a cage trap it works simular to an m-44 use a gun bait on it they pull and it throws the snare loop on there neck. it is an option but a guy can do well with snareing in your sitchuation you still need to avoid non targets and stay out of public eye

Last edited:
Back