Which IR Illuminator???

Deidera

I am new here & fixing to purchase my very first night vision gear. I am going to start with a D-740 mounted on an AR-15 with a 6.8 SPC. I have to wait awhile for the flir unit until I can save some more cash.
tongue.gif

I would like some advice on which IR illuminator to go with it. I like the pro torch but I think for right now might be just a little too costly for me. Which other ones would be a really good choice that I will be happy with for years to come that's a good product for the money? Also, what mounts do I need to purchase (if any) to put the scope on my gun & will I need a seperate mount for the illuminator?

Thanks guys for the input! And, Vic, I just bought the scope & torch pro from you today! I know I'll be happy with it. It helped the cost a lot by going with the L3 tube anyway. Now, I just need to get the gun!! Lol

Originally Posted By: DeideraThanks guys for the input! And, Vic, I just bought the scope & torch pro from you today! I know I'll be happy with it. It helped the cost a lot by going with the L3 tube anyway. Now, I just need to get the gun!! Lol

Thank you for the order/s, You will really like the Torch Pro. We think it's the leading edge of IR illuminators out there for performance and versatility.

Vic

From my observation Eagle Tac T100C2 MKII - IR (Infrared 850nm) 3.4w is brighter than the Torch Pro and is able to use rechargeable batteries at $64.99 it is a bargain.

Originally Posted By: family guyFrom my observation Eagle Tac T100C2 MKII - IR (Infrared 850nm) 3.4w is brighter than the Torch Pro and is able to use rechargeable batteries at $64.99 it is a bargain.

Where did you pick this up at Family Guy ? Always looking for better IR devices....so far the best and most versatile (adjustable beam width, adjustable power, adjustable windage/trajectorty) that I have found that can be legally purchased is the IR-K2 ELR from Night Optics.

Kevin

Originally Posted By: HTRN57Originally Posted By: family guyFrom my observation Eagle Tac T100C2 MKII - IR (Infrared 850nm) 3.4w is brighter than the Torch Pro and is able to use rechargeable batteries at $64.99 it is a bargain.

Where did you pick this up at Family Guy ? Always looking for better IR devices....so far the best and most versatile (adjustable beam width, adjustable power, adjustable windage/trajectorty) that I have found that can be legally purchased is the IR-K2 ELR from Night Optics.

Kevin

look above. that is what I linked to. same thing family guy is talking about.

Early next year we will have our in-depth comparison reviews of several IR LED devices (we've used just about all of them including the K2 which uses the same IR LED as our old TNVC Torch with a true effective range out to 450-500yrds tops). So far the only one that travels at the 800+ yards is the Torch Pro, DBAL-D2 and the new upcoming LDI SPIR. In the versatility Dept. the Torch Pro allows the use of Surefire pressure switches, clicky tail caps and the ability of mounting the Torch Pro head only onto any existing Surefire G2 and 6P body housing.

We will tell all what separates what from what including advantages disadvantages etc. with actual through the tube pics showing TRUE effective ranges of each. We did this several years ago and pulled no punches what did what in the IR illumnation arena.

Stay tuned...

Vic

I'm so stressed out right now. My scope & torch pro (with the AR mounts) will be here Friday & now I can't find the gun no where!!!! Unbelievable! If anyone knows of an AR 15 with 6.8 SPC they want to sell, PLEASE let me know!

Back