20 practical/tactical info help.

5spd

What is your barrel twist rate that you are shooting & do you like the rate & accuracy.
I am looking to build a 20 Practical OR 20 Tactical on a spare Savage action and see twists at 1/10" & 1/11 & 1/12".
What is the prefered rate/best accuracy for the 30-40g bullets?
Im feeling the 1/10" for my build would be the best, but could be wrong. I am in the just thinking mode & can change anything.
From searching here Ive only seen reports of the 1/10" twists.
Thanks

Both of mine have been 1-10. 11 will work with the 39SBK's and some 40's depending on the individual barrel and bullets but if you want to shoot the 40's a 10 will guarantee it.

Mine shoot the 32-40 very well.

I believe my Dakota is a 10 twist.

I built a 20 Tac with a Pac-Nor 8 twist 3 grove SS match barrel. It should launch those big Bergers real nice but I have yet to shoot it. Scared to now as I've been thinking about selling it!

Well I went & ordered a 20P bbl, 1/11" twist, CBI hand lapped, select match grade, 24" for my build from Jim @ NSS, now the wait.

I have a 20 Practical, 1-10 Twist, 24" barrel. It loves 40gr Vmax, H4198, with Rem 71/2 primers.

This has become my favorite Prairie Dog rifle, just deadly out to 400 yards.

PacNor 11 twist on my 20 Tactical. Shoots 39BK into bugholes. By far the most accurate rifle I have owned. Stay away from the 12 twist if you want to shot anything heavier than the 32's. The 39 and 40's seem to be a crap shoot with the 12 twist.

Back