Where is the NRA??

Was the shooter(s) in Columbine, Aurora, Sandy Hook or any other mass shooting a member of the NRA? I don't think so!!

Go after the shooter(s) and their families!

Thank you!!

Quote:Anyone REALLY think it would have made as much difference in the out come as a fart in a tornado?

I don't. I agree. The problem is right now there are a lot of people that aren’t thinking. They’re reacting. They have given into anger and fear. Their mode is to “do something even if it’s wrong”. It’s very close to a mob mentality. What they don’t see is we feel the same anger and fear. Most of us are parents and many are grandparents. Any time children are harmed it hits us the same as them. What we find frustrating is so many are throwing out the same “solution” that they have been pushing for years. A solution that we know won't work. They are more concerned with doing something now, not working to find something that actually works. Too many are too quick to try and throw us under the bus to make their fear and anger go away.

Rim,On this we agree.In haste to feel better,to do something,many are grabbing at anything like a drowning man.I wish there could be some things come out of this that would really help.Pointing at guns won't do any more good than pointing at cars.The real shame is all the time,money,heart aches,and anger that will be wasted trying to do the wrong things.The only idea I have heard that I think could be immediate help is arming someone in schools and other places and quit labeling them free fire zones.

We had better all join the NRA. If already a member then send donation. Tell everyone we know to join and send donations. They are our last hope. Not just for gun rights but for freedom in general. If we give the communists the black guns and hi cap mags they will come next for our handguns. Then our shotguns. Then our hunting rifles. Ask anyone from Australia how gun control has worked for them. We cannot give them anything. Whether you like or agree with the NRA there is one fact that nobody can argue with. They are the only ones that lawmakers listen to. There are 100 million gun owners in the US. Only 4 percent are NRA members and look at the clout they have now. What would happen if that number doubled or more?

Being a member is only part of the job, you also have to be politically active. The members of Congress pay attention to the political action committees that donate to them, but they also have to pay attention to the voters that elect them. If you have an opinion, let your representative know, don't just set back and let the NRA do the work. The NRA has no vote, you do, make sure your representatives know how you feel about the issues.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamO'Reilley tonight also claimed that the NRA declined his invitation to appear on his show. Considering he's actually one of the more reasonable media figures regarding gun control right now, I believe that was a major mistake on the NRA's part. We need our position out there. I'm an NRA endowment member, but don't feel like my organization is out there representing me right now.

Well, they need you to send more money to fight the good fight. Very disappointed with the NRA.

I'll wait until fridays press conference to pass judgement on the NRA. They are our allies here, without them we may have lost many of our gun rights long ago. They need support now more then ever.

Originally Posted By: meat hunter Whether you like or agree with the NRA there is one fact that nobody can argue with. They are the only ones that lawmakers listen to. There are 100 million gun owners in the US. Only 4 percent are NRA members and look at the clout they have now. What would happen if that number doubled or more?

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherBeing a member is only part of the job, you also have to be politically active. The members of Congress pay attention to the political action committees that donate to them, but they also have to pay attention to the voters that elect them. If you have an opinion, let your representative know, don't just set back and let the NRA do the work. The NRA has no vote, you do, make sure your representatives know how you feel about the issues.

hitnailonhead.jpg
hitnailonhead.jpg

Guys, we're down to the mat on this one and you cannot afford to sit back and hope it all works out. As meat hunter and dogcatcher so aptly stated, there is strength in numbers.

You have seen the effect of "divide and conquer", which the current administration is so adept at......we cannot afford to be divided on this issue!

"There are 100 million gun owners in the US. Only 4 percent are NRA members and look at the clout they have now." What a crying shame that NRA has only 4 million members, especially at such a critical time!

Fellows, there's only 6 shopping days 'til Christmas......what better present or stocking stuffer than an NRA membership to a friend or family member and the cost is less than a box of cartridges for your pet rifle? If every NRA member signed up just one new member, just think of the message that would send to Washington!

Click on the following link to join or give a gift membership today! https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

Remember the free gun insurance that alone is very likely worth the cost of membership, not to mention the discounts on many products and services offered to all current members; check them out here (I saved $200/yr on auto insurance alone w/NRA discount.):

http://membership.nrahq.org/affiliates.asp

Well, what are you waiting for? You cannot afford NOT to be a member.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

Back