Hornady "Heavy Magnum" Coyote

canislatrans54

I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the Hornady 12g. "Heavy Magnum" Coyote shotshells, in BB size?
confused.gif

And if so, what were your results?
confused.gif

Thanks

Hmmm, I've been looking for a good BB load to try out. Now if someone would come out with a lead T load.

Had some old school lead waterfowl loads in BB and they worked pretty good besides getting powder in the eyes.

They may work fine but they only have 1-1/2 oz of plated lead BBs in the 12 ga 3" shell.

The Federal Premium 3" 12 ga Copper coated lead BB loads have 1-7/8 oz of shot in them. That means the Federal 3" BB load will have about 17 to 19 more pellets in each shell.

The Hornady load is a little faster than the Federal load but I will give up a little speed for 17 more BB pellets per shell everytime.

It is a shame that a ammo manufacturer has not come out with a good lead BBB or T shot load for coyotes.

Both the lead BBB and T shot I bought from BPI and reloaded worked great on coyotes. With lead BBB or lead T shot you have quite a few more pellets than lead number 4 buck shot in each shell.

Hornady replied back to me and said
"They are a new for 2013 product and will hopefully be in production the first part of the year."

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobThey may work fine but they only have 1-1/2 oz of plated lead BBs in the 12 ga 3" shell.

The Federal Premium 3" 12 ga Copper coated lead BB loads have 1-7/8 oz of shot in them. That means the Federal 3" BB load will have about 17 to 19 more pellets in each shell.

The Hornady load is a little faster than the Federal load but I will give up a little speed for 17 more BB pellets per shell everytime.

The versa tite wad used by Hornady is their version of the Flight Control wad used by Federal with outstanding results.

If it puts more pellets on target then it may be a winner.
Speed = penetration, which lead shot needs at extended ranges to kill predators.

You know all of this already dab. I know I'm preaching to the deacon.
smile.gif

We'll see how it patterns. I never could get anything exciting out of Hornady's #4 buck offering with the versa tite wad.
I know it will have to pattern tight to come near the performance of Federal's Heavyweight Coyote load which delivers 1 1/2 oz of their tungsten shot @1350 fps.....

Back