Obama Slashed Public School Funds for Security

Centurion

We can thank Zero for his contribution to the deaths of these school children.

Since 2009 Obama Gov’t Slashed Public School Security Funding

Everything happens for a reason

Beneath the expressions of grief, sorrow and disbelief over the Connecticut school massacre lies an uneasy truth in Washington: over the last few years the Obama administration and Congress quietly let federal funding for several key school security programs lapse in the name of budget savings.
obama-cut-school-security-funding-leading-up-to-sandy-hook-elementary-school-shooting.jpg
LINK
obama-cut-school-security-funding-leading-up-to-sandy-hook-elementary-school-shooting

Obama shed his phony alligator tears at the press conference on the Sandy Hook School shooting…wondered if he was pretending to cry because of remembering stories like this one?

Government officials told the Washington Guardian on Friday night that two Justice Department programs that had provided more than $200 million to schools for training, security equipment and police resources over the last decade weren’t renewed in 2011 and 2012, and that a separate program that provided $800 million to put police officers inside the schools was ended a few years earlier.

Meanwhile, the administration eliminated funding in 2011-12 for a separate Education Department program that gave money to schools to prepare for mass tragedies, the officials said.

A nationally recognized school security expert said those funds had been critical for years in helping schools continue to enhance protections against growing threats of violence. But they simply dried up with little notice as the Columbine and Virginia Tech school shooting tragedies faded from memory and many Americans and political leaders had their attentions diverted to elections, a weak economy and overseas dramas.

“I was baffled to see funds and programs cut in these areas,” said Kenneth Trump, the president of the National School Safety and Security Services firm that helps school districts and policymakers improve protections for teachers and students. “Our political and policy leaders need to walk the walk, not just talk the talk about being concerned about school safety.

“We have roller coaster public awareness, public policy, and public funding when it comes to school safety. The question isn’t whether school safety is a priority today and tomorrow,” Trump added. “The question is whether it will be a priority years down the road when there isn’t a crisis in the headlines.”

Leaders in both parties in Washington on Friday expressed remorse and disbelief in the tragedy in the tiny suburban Connecticut town of Newtown, where a single 20-year-old gunman walked into the school where his mother taught and killed 20 children and six others before turning the gun on himself.

“Our hearts are broken today,” President Barack Obama said, wiping a tear from his eyes as he reacted to the tragedy. “As a country we have been through this too many times.

“These neighborhoods are our neighborhoods, and these children are our children. And we’re going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics,” the president added.

But last year, his administration took a less muted tone as it submitted its 2012 Education Department budget .pdf]LINK to Congress that eliminated the Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) funding, which for years provided between $20 million and $30 million in annual grants to help schools create emergency and crisis preparation and prevention plans for tragedies just like the one that unfolded Friday.

Some liberal groups have increasingly voiced concerns about the increased spending on police and security at schools. For instance, the Justice Policy Institute, a think tank, wrote a report in 2011 entitled “Education Under Arrest” that concluded that “schools do not need school resource officers to be safe.”

White House officials did not return repeated calls and emails Friday night seeking comment on the administration’s rationale for letting the programs lapse. source – Washington Guardian LINK

I'm really disturbed about the deaths of the children in that school. The adults too, but especially those innocent children who will never experience life. I too watched with disgust as the sock monkey tried to produce those crocodile tears. If he was truly concerned about the lives of innocent children he could not grandstand in favor of killing thousands every day just before they are born. I don't know the actual numbers, I suppose I could look it up but that wouldn't change the fact that one is too many. He strongly advocates killing them right up to full term by delivering the lower half of the child and sticking a scalpel into the skull to kill them. And as well if the Doctor screws up and the baby is born he advocates putting that baby in a broom closet until it dies. And this bastard wants us to believe he grieves for dead children, I'm calling BS.

Yeah, he always has the same look on his face, anger. He doesn't fool anyone with any sense, just the Kool-Aid drinkers, who are many. One day soon true justice will prevail, and evil will be no more. The true evil that tries to hide itself will be exposed and condemned by God and those who loved evil more than God banished to the [beeep] they deserve. Because they didn't want God in their lives, God will respect their wishes, and there will be no escape from their torture.

Romans 1:26-32- 26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

"Everything happens for a reason."

I have always been amazed Centurion how many people fail to grasp the fundamental truth of life contained in the sentence above. Most of the events that occur in this life are not random but they are the result of "cause and effect". Those who do not realize that tend to live their lives in a state of chaos and denial.

Just a small dose of reality here, I know ya'll hate that....

Obama doesn't set budgets, the house and senate do that, and last I heard the GOP has been pretty harsh on programs like the schools security money.

It was the GOP that cut over $300 million over two years for embassy security, then when something happens it becomes "obummer" that caused the deficit of security.

Just sayin'

Originally Posted By: woodguruJust a small dose of reality here, I know ya'll hate that....

Obama doesn't set budgets, the house and senate do that, and last I heard the GOP has been pretty harsh on programs like the schools security money.

It was the GOP that cut over $300 million over two years for embassy security, then when something happens it becomes "obummer" that caused the deficit of security.

Just sayin'

You must have been sleeping Woodie. Your fearful leader has been giving our tax dollars to Muslims to rebuild mosques. LINK

He gave $450 million to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt to promote their cause. LINK

He continues to give weapons to terrorists, but there is no need to provide all those lists. I know he has been printing money like crazy as fast as they can get the paper made, but with your fearful leader giving all of our money for terrorists to arm themselves and put food on their tables, there isn't a lot left for the citizens of our country. The ones that work, I mean. He also finds plenty to give every drug dealer in America food and several cell phones. Your quasi-intellectual posts just don't jive with reality at all. Not even a small dose. That's what we hate.

Fast & Furious.. that was the GOP too huh Woody? 2000 guns sent to Cartels, and 1400 still unaccounted for. Libs never cease to amaze. Oh I guess Brian Terry found one.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Fast & Furious.. that was the GOP too huh Woody? 2000 guns sent to Cartels, and 1400 still unaccounted for. Libs never cease to amaze. Oh I guess Brian Terry found one.

That SOB in MY Whitehouse has blood on his hands, From the border to Benghazi and not a sole has the balls to hold him acountable. I better stop now before i say what needs to be done!

Back