Painted gun stock pics please!

shelton573

Hello everyone,
I have recently got the urge to paint the stock on my 22-250. I have always been a fan of all black synthetic guns, but I kinda want to switch it up. I'm not really lookin for camo paint jobs seeing as I am only painting the stock. I would just like to see some pic of do it yourself paint jobs and what materials us used to do it.

I have really been considering coyote tan aluma Hyde with black krylon webbing so I would REALLY like to see pics of any home webbing jobs of any color, but I'm also open to ideas. Please post some pics if you guys have time. Thanks!

Shelton

Here's one
smile.gif

20120817104450.jpg

20120817104526.jpg

20120817104544.jpg

Thanks for the pics everybody! Those are some sweet looking rifles! When you all did the webbing portion, did u apply the webbing while the base color is still wet? Also do you need to put a flat clear over the top or just leave it as is? Keep the pics comin I ya have any. Thanks again!

Dasher, what did u paint the barrel and action with on the tan rifle? Wasn't looking to do the barrel/action but really like the way that looks.

Shelton

I like to hang the stock by the front swivel with a piece of wire, stand back, and wave the can around, while watching for evenness of coverage.

HPIM3213.jpg

HPIM3214.jpg

HPIM3215.jpg

Last edited:
Wedgy, what did u use on the barrel? Thanks for the post!

Huntsman, what kind of paint do u use, base coat and webbing? Does it hold up real well? Looks like u have the technique down! Thanks and great looking rifle

Shelton

Here's one I just finished... The "running" on the stock is rain water... I recommend practicing stenciling on a scrap or something before you do the stock!
lol.gif

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

Ben

Back