Finally!!!!

Widow maker 223

Went out lastnight at 8:30 to a spot i havnt called yet. The property has a swamp and a woods in the middle of a country mile block. Headed in from the west down a fence row that runs east and west. Had a 10mph south wind. About 150yds from the woods i set up against a big oak tree, this fence line runs up the the north end of the woods with the swamp on the south end of the woods. Scanned the field had 4 rabbits 20yds away and 5 deer along the woods to the south. Let out a female invitation howl on my yeller dog hand call. After 5min of scanning caught eyes to the east of me along the woods. Thaught it was a coon at first. Lip squeeked a few times and the eyes started my way. I kept lip squeeking and it kept coming on a trot. At 50yds i turned on my gun light comfirmed it was a yote woofed to stop it and sent a 53gr V max and DRT. Hit the ki yi's for 10min no stragglers. Nice big 40lb male. Thanks again Pmack.

78DEFF91-F814-46FB-B44D-F1FD64D74627-4787-0000074EF00126AA-1.jpg

sounds like you had his number from the git-go....1 howl 5mins of silence.....eye's then you played him ...good job man.....there a lesson to be learned here.

Back