ACCUTRIGGERS.... KEEP.... OR ..... TOSS.......???????

just called them and talked to Lisa... his wife... and I can get two drop in trigger groups for my two savages for a total of 187.50... including shipping... and they adjust from 12 oz to 2 lbs.... wow... that is the route I'm going... thanks so much willy...

now I have to figure out how to sell these accutriggers... and for how much... not sure...

I know most folks are hesitant to mess with the safety devices in any trigger mechanism, but it only takes a few minutes to remove the "lever/block" on an Accutrigger. Savage also sells the lighter "varmint" weight springs. I paid 10 bucks for a package of four.

Selling an Accutrigger might be kind of tough. The only receivers they fit already come with one supplied.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dan brothersjust called them and talked to Lisa... his wife... and I can get two drop in trigger groups for my two savages for a total of 187.50... including shipping... and they adjust from 12 oz to 2 lbs.... wow... that is the route I'm going... thanks so much willy...

now I have to figure out how to sell these accutriggers... and for how much... not sure...

Fred has a big box of them. I think he sells them for scrap iron. LOL

Originally Posted By: dan brothers

PS... if I pulled these accutriggers...would people buy them... if so... what are they worth...?

Accutrigger assy P/N 105279 is 21.00 new directly from Savage. I really like the accutrigger and may be the oddball in the group that would buy as many as you wanted to sell.

Originally Posted By: jefo65Originally Posted By: dan brothers

PS... if I pulled these accutriggers...would people buy them... if so... what are they worth...?

Accutrigger assy P/N 105279 is 21.00 new directly from Savage. I really like the accutrigger and may be the oddball in the group that would buy as many as you wanted to sell.

Sell them to jefo!!!,,,,For me I dislike any two stage trigger.

I'm a two stage shooter, so I like the accu-trigger. Generally, when I get a bead on a dog, I take up the first stage, or blade on an accu-trigger, then it's just a whisper to deliver the shot. I've done the spring mods to mine as well as polishing and moly-ing all of my surfaces.

I'm used to it enough that I don't notice a hinderance when throwing shots at runners, but I can understand the theory that a two-stage is at a disadvantage on runners. I guess I just have played with them enough to not really experience the disadvantage.

But, to each their own.

I have years of precision long range centerfire rifle shooting experience. I've spent many thousands of dollars on custom builds and equipment over the years including high end triggers and trigger jobs. The AccuTrigger is in my opinion the single best innovation to find its way onto factory rifles in decades. They are easily adjustable and function as good or better than some of the most expensive high dollar replacements you can find. I own several Savages with the AccuTrigger and a Marlin XS7 with their version, and both are truly outstanding fire control systems.

Personally, I dont like the accutrigger. Well not yet anyway. Maybe i'm not used to it and I havent done any adjustments on it yet, but there's just something about it that doesnt do it for me. Picked up a Savage 10 .308 last summer and it has it. I had read about how good it is, and when I tried a few dry fires in the store with it, it felt a lot better than it does when I've got a live round in and cross hairs on something. Even though the trigger break is nice and crisp once the inner part is pressed down, I find the whole thing feels mushy and uncertain because I need to depress the inner part first. Maybe my issue with it would go away after more getting used to, but so far, I dont have a whole lot of love for it. Not that I hate it or anything, but I'm definitely not in love with it.

I've always shot single stage triggers but once I got used to it it has become my favorite factory triggers the two I have experience with after I adjusted them broke at 2.5 lbs and felt good to me.

Really liked the Accu-Triggers on four different Savages and
a Marlin XS UNTIL I put Timney's on a Rem788 and 700. Quite a
bit of $$ to change out all those triggers to something better.
Going to check out the Rimfirecentral fix!

Here's the way I do it and so far have had zero problems. I take the sear spring off and toss it and use the blade spring for the sear. I then use half of a ball point pen spring for the blade. Works well enough that I don't notice the takeup in the blade.....and it costs nothing.

I think they are really smooth if I can just get the weight of the one I got down to 1.5 I think it would be just as good as the jewell trigger I got in my 1 custom gun . I like it better the the 1 timmy trigger I got on a 788 the timmy go light just not as smooth .

Dan, I consider the blade to be an indicator to me that the next move I make against the trigger sends bullet down range. Personally, I like the Accu-trigger for that reason and they can be adjusted really light.

I love the accu triggers the more you shoot in different situations, the more you can appreciate the break!
On paper 100 yes’s, with older eyes 5 shot groups ☘️ Inside a dime. Can’t wait to get a new 110!!! Any caliber any day! Savage forever. My first rifle 40 years ago Savage! Maybe biased but Grandpa said stick with what works!

Back