homemade flu recipes

scott71

does anyone have any recipes that i can mix up this flu really kicked my butt this year anything would be helpful regardless how bad it tastes

Originally Posted By: CastI will NOT get a flu shot. Why? Because the govt wants me to.

Was the government for or against vaccinations for smallpox, polio, diptheria, and measles?

Originally Posted By: yotehunter57 Prevention; Flushot= no flu.

Shayne

Not true, I did get a flu shot this year, but was told that about 30% of the people who got the flu, also got the shots.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: CastI will NOT get a flu shot. Why? Because the govt wants me to.

Was the government for or against vaccinations for smallpox, polio, diptheria, and measles?

You go do what the govt tells you. I'll make my own decisions.

Originally Posted By: CastOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: CastI will NOT get a flu shot. Why? Because the govt wants me to.

You go do what the govt tells you. I'll make my own decisions.

You don't have to be a smart a$$. I was asking a simple question.
I'm not old enough to remember when any of the vaccines I mentioned became available. I have no clue if they had government approval or not, other than the obvious fact that the government allowed their use at some point.

I make my own decisions too, and I decided real quick by your response that you are obviously a genuine, first-class, smart a$$.

A miniature of whiskey in a coffee cup with hot water and a touch of honey to taste.

The flu is a virus that just has to run it course . Good luck and stay warm.

I am old enough to remember when polio vaccine came out. I have friends that were effected for life. I also do not trust the government telling me what I should do.

I do my own research and choose to take the flu shots. To each his/her own. I don't think you are an idiot one way or the other for your choice. The flu supposedly kills 50K people a year in the US alone. Granted most are old on in poor health. I qualify for one.

If you take all the common or uncommon remedies it will last about a week. If you take nothing it will last about a week.
Good luck.

I also don't prescribe to the flu shot, never took it, rarely get the flu (knock on wood). If I do it's a one day deal. I think the shot is too risky, just my opinion though. Preventative is the best way to not get it but since you have it, here's my two cents. Plenty of fluids especially water, plenty of rest, nourish your body as long as you can get it down - soup, whatever. Tea with non pasteurized honey, splash of whiskey or shine in it doesn't hurt. Equal parts of apple cider vinegar, honey, lemon juice, and whiskey or shine in large shot glass.
Now to the part where you say you don't care about the taste, I've got something really good, and it really works. Oil of Oregano. This is some hardcore nasty tasting stuff that definitely works. You can get it at good natural health food and vitamin/supplement/herbal store. Hope you get to feeling better.

http://www.naturalnews.com/024685_oregano_oil_of.html#

http://wellnessmama.com/1499/natural-remedies-for-illness/

I always get the shot and while it doesn't guarantee you won't get the flu it does make it easier on you if you do. According to the USA Today I'm living in the number one spot in the country for flu and it is really bad around here. There's been several deaths. Bad stuff.

Originally Posted By: CastI will NOT get a flu shot. Why? Because the govt wants me to.

There were 2 Doctors on Fox News today some of their experts that recommends getting the flu shot. My own personal 2 Doctors also recommend the flu shots. Being anti government is one thing, being medically ignorant is stupid.

There multiple strains of flu, the flu shot will not cover them all, the vaccine is designed to cover the strain that is most likely to be the worst for the year. Take or leave it, but is you get sick, get medical help. A badass cold is not the flu, it only a common cold. Only a medical professional can diagnose and conform a case of the flu.

Flatly, I don't trust our gov't. We know they lie.

What scares me most is that there are many doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel that refuse to get it, even at the risk of losing their jobs over it. What do these doctors know that frightens them to such extremes?

I went to the VA got the shot in Oct. Wife works in a hospital gets her shot because they have to . I've been sick as a dog for almost 3 months and she hasn't had a sniffel. Who get's what ? For shots

Back