.223/6.8spc recoil test

bluealtered

What i'm trying to find is a true recoil test between the .223/5.56 and the 6.8spc. No matter how i put it in i keep coming up with "subjective" results like the 6.8spc doesn't have much more recoil than the .223.

Have you found any reports on these two calibers as far as the recoil difference? Thanks, blue

Not a report of any kind of official being but I can tell you that my 6woa can be fired one handed from a rest and never move. It feels like shooting an air gun......lol but sure doesn't hit like one down range.

I actually found a list of the recoil for almost every caliber. I think I asked Mr. Google for "7mm Mag recoil" and one results was a long table that included different bullet weights for the calibers.

blue, don't know what the rules are for oregon, but a suppressor will also reduce recoil, if that may be something you would be interested in. I have had the chance to use one and they are a great tool. Good luck with your research.

Hey Blue,

I can attest to perceived recoil (know you did not want subjective tests but bear with me). I own and shoot both. Unsuppressed the 6.8 with a brake has tame recoil but a massive "shockwave" type of blast. It's unpleasant.

Granted a Miculek brake on a 5.56 is also unpleasant.

Suppressed they are each very light in recoil, muzzle rise, and of course sound (bye bye shockwave).

I have one 6.8 can that serves both host weapons, which you can see here.

In that video you can see the recoil of the 5.56 and the 6.8 suppressed and unsuppressed.

Sendit

Last edited:
Thanks guys, i will have to consider using a can,...again.

At the moment it looks like theres a stag 7H coming my way and i'll probably try it when i i get the ok to shoot again, but thats in feb. so theres plenty of time to decide on what to do. Thanks for all the help.

Back