AR Performance 5.56 barrels, What's the verdict?

mj36639

When I was looking at the 6.8 platform a couple years ago AR performance was highly recommended over at 68forums. I came very close to purchasing one of their 6.8 uppers before going the 6x45 route instead.

I was going to purchase a 5.56 White Oak barrel from Rainier Arms in the next couple weeks. I ended up on the ARP site and saw they have 5.56 melonited barrels with 5 R rifling that look pretty decent.

Anyone shot their 5.56 barrels?

I will tell ya after this weekend. Built an ar with one and should be getting out to shoot it this weekend. 16" "socom" profile (mid weight barrel) mid length gas system.

Originally Posted By: simocoI will tell ya after this weekend. Built an ar with one and should be getting out to shoot it this weekend. 16" "socom" profile (mid weight barrel) mid length gas system.

That's the one I was looking at.

Love mine. Got a 16" lightweight a bit ago. Haven't got to shoot it much but my first load work up with 53gr vmax and w748 yielded a .288" group at 100yds. It was only a work up so while it was only 3 shots it shows great promise. I'm going to try some 69gr SMKs and TAC next.

Back