kill light problem

TAKEHIM

Went to put my 250s on my gun today and the remote switch on the one does not work. Put the push button one it works fine. Only used them twice last spring with no problems. Anyone ever had the same problem with there remote switch?

I just use the push button tail cap, wires break way to easy on the push button switch and I get tired of re-soldering them!

i have the 100 and the 250
i hate the pressure switch for the 100,since i mount it on my shot gun.
never tried the one for the 250.
i use the tail switch on both[push button on cap]

Last edited:
I went through three pressure switches shorting out on my XLR250 in one season. The switches are the only weak point about the lights.
I also recently purchased a Night Eyes gun mounted light and have to say that the pressure switch that comes with it is MUCH MORE DURABLE then the Kill Light switches.

I have a similar problem with a Wicked Light W400. The second night of useing the light the pressure switch broke putting an early end to a night of hunting. The vendor is nicely replaceing the switch with no hassle. My question is why do they market these lights with such delicate wireing. It would be cheaper for the manufactures to simply beef up the switch and the wire instead of replaceing them. Don't missunderstand me, I really like the W400 light. I also won't go hunting again with the push button switch left at home.

Originally Posted By: WhiteknuckleTakehim,

Send the switch back to me and Ill either repair or replace it.

Jeremiah

What normally goes wrong with them? Does the wire break or does the switch go bad? I can replace the wire if thats it or i can send it to you. Thanks

Thanks for the help guys. Found a broken wire by the switch. Works like a charm they could us a little bigger wire might help.

I have 3 XLR 250's and 3 XLR 100's. All three of my tail cap switches have broke. two were right at the switch. So far Elusive Wildlife Tech. has been very good at replacing them. Wished they were not so Fragile. I love the lights, not the expense or time without, sending them back for repair.

My Wicked W400 remote broke too! Mine was quickly replaced by Allpredatorcalls. The wires are small and fragile and break even when you take care.

I took my bad one apart. A generous glob of hot glue gun stuff had been used to secure the wire bundle to the inside of the tailcap...done to minimize twisting and it really did a good job. I am amazed mine broke given how secure that wire was. I think that speaks to how fragile the solder joint is. They are made in china so guess it should not surprise me.

I've seen these posts for the last couple years and seems to be the main complaint with the LED flashlights.

I don't use a pressure switch. Those using them, why do you feel you need a pressure switch?

Last edited:
A guy could go into business just making or improving the switches for this style of hunting lights. I was as gentle as I could be with mine and couldn't get one to last more then a week or two.

I gave up (mainly because they quit warranting them after 3 or 4) now I just use the clicker end cap. Other then that I love the light!

Originally Posted By: Weatherby243A guy could go into business just making or improving the switches for this style of hunting lights. I was as gentle as I could be with mine and couldn't get one to last more then a week or two.

I gave up (mainly because they quit warranting them after 3 or 4) now I just use the clicker end cap. Other then that I love the light!

I've never quite warranting any switches, Please advise me as to what you mean by this.. I have said many times these wires are a weak link in any lighting system and should not be used, but I have warranted any switch that comes my way!!

Jeremiah

I'm not sure that you were who I was dealing with. I believe I was dealing directly with EWT. Ill send you a pm. Thanks.

Has anyone modified or " toughened up their switch?

Back