243 Suppressor

coues7

I'm looking at getting a suppressor for my 243Win and wondering what you guys are using. Likely a 7.62 (.30cal) suppressor but which one. Are you happy with your purchase?

You will most likely get a lot of different answers due to the fact that most of us can't own them all. I have a HTG Aris that I'm waiting for papers to clear. I was able to shoot it at my dealers. That being said, I am fixing to order another one that will go on several different calibers. After a bunch of research I have decided to go with the Thunderbeast 30P-1. There are a bunch of suppressors out now and finding the one that fits your budget and criteria can be quite the task.

Get a Thunderbeast 30P-1. There is a group buy over on snipershide for $900 thats 200 less than what i paid for mine two years ago. I use mine on 308, 300 Whisper and my Grendel. It works great and is a pound less than a stainless suppressor.

Retooferab hit the nail on the head. Hard to get any nicer than the TBAC cans. They cost a bit but are nice, light and quiet, relatively speaking.

Gemtec.
I would suggest the 30 cal. the reason is if you get the quick connect, you can use that same device on any caliber 30 and smaller.
With the hassle it is to get one, you don't want to have to buy more than you have to.
Leason learned and tested is that the sound is the same, or super super close when firing an AR15 with a 223 caliber can and a 30cal can. The size isn't really that big of a difference, but I would suggest the 35 db reduction models. This makes an ar sound just a little louder than a 22LR.
Getting the 30cal version will allow you to use it on your 342, 308, 223, 22-250 and so on..

Back