Federal Couragia tires

I went to our local "tire store" today, and among the dozens of different mud tires in stock, the Federal Couragia and Firestone Destinations are the only ones they handle in my size.

For a tire that will last, they recomended the Firestones, as they have a harder tread compound.

They said they are still good in the mud though.
So it'll more than likely be the Firestones.

Shayne

Are you talkin about the firestone destination MT's ?? They are good tires, similar to the bfg Mt's just keep the tire speed up in the thuck mud and they will clean out.

Yeah, it's the M/Ts. Thanks for the review WM, at $220 per, I hope they're decent.

Unless it's deep mud, I try to idle most of the time.
Esp if i'm on some of the farm roads, I don't want to tear them up really bad and get asked to not come back.
But when crunch time comes, there will be some mud flying.

Shayne

hankook dyna pro mt we use them on all of our ranch trucks hunt truck and the three fire trucks in the panhandle of texas not much mud all the time but sometimes lots of sand all of the local fire dept call our fire trucks the sand bitches they go where their single 6x6 wont most of the time they are all 3/4 ton chevys from 2000 to 2005

I'll have to check the rest of the tire shops in town.
One that used to be the best in town now caters to nothing but kids now that their father and uncle retired.
About they have now are the 18s and 20s and such. They don't carry hardly any 16s at all and even less "work" tires.
One tire shop carries a good selection, but is 20% higher than the rest.
I hate having to give $190+ for tires, but so it goes.
Thanks for the info.

Shayne

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223Watsa matta u dont want no 20" blades on da chevy. LOL

Not even close. I'm old school to the core.
I'm upset they don't still make Grip Spurs and Nylon Buckshots.
I remember when my Father gave $17 for Firestone directional re-caps. lol Wow I'm getting old.

Shayne / aka Geezer

I dont understand the big rim thing myself. 15" rims are becoming a thing of the past. In a offroad tire you want a lot of sidewall so when u air down the tire will grip better. All the mall cruisers just want big rims and bling.

As long as they look Kewl, performance means nothing to them.
Most would be scared scatless of a muddy road.

My truck is not to look at, or to take out and play with. It's to use as needed when hunting or going fishing.

Most of the time, when my truck is in 4WD, it's to not spin and rut up the field roads to bad. The rest of the time, it's to get out of the situation I'm in without walking.

Shayne

i just got a set of Federal Couragias 265/70/17's on my 06 f-150 and so far they seem to do really well off road in the snow but they are a little noisy on pavement but you have to expect that when running mud terrains

Back