Fire Starters ( Video Added)

I'm hoping to use mine for a real fire this weekend to get the hang of it before I actually "need" to. I bought two of the backpacker models and they were easy for an inexperienced person like myself to use. This model has a nice heavy duty split keyring and durable looking little cordura pouch. I tried it out by scraping off a small amount of magnesium and striking some sparks on it setting it off. It was pretty easy to get the sparks going within the first few strikes. Had I not been so concervative with my shavings, I'd have had a nice intense little blaze. They did light though and give me an idea of how it would go. The whole kit seems very sturdy and the little piece of cotton in the bottom of the pouch may come in handy if I ever need starter materials. Well worth the small price I paid for it. If the guys in camp like them, I may have to get a few for stocking stuffers this year
wink.gif
. Billing and shipping were prompt and exact and communication was good through the process. Buy with confidence from Kim.

Corey, thank you so much for your feed back.. I am so glad you are happy with the fire starters ... Please P/M me your addy I would like to send u a free hot stick.. Thanks again,Kim

Sorry Kim, just saw your post. I appreciate the freebie. PM sent. Anybody considering one should get it. They spark easily and are pretty good little bit of insurance to carry in a pack or on a keyring. They'll spark when your Bic or Zippo won't. This and a small can of sterno are in my pack incase things get too cold for me this year and I need to thaw a few fingers or toes in a hurry
thumbup.gif

I bought 2 of the 1000 strike models a couple weeks back.Great product guys.I put one in my pack and my daughters.We both tried them to make sure we could start a fire with them if we had to and we were both successful.( she is 9 )Worked as advertised and would make a great gift for any outdoors person.Hope we never have to use them in an emergency,but nice to know its there just in case.Thanks Kim and Kerry.
Mike

Originally Posted By: try2huntI bought 2 of the 1000 strike models a couple weeks back.Great product guys.I put one in my pack and my daughters.We both tried them to make sure we could start a fire with them if we had to and we were both successful.( she is 9 )Worked as advertised and would make a great gift for any outdoors person.Hope we never have to use them in an emergency,but nice to know its there just in case.Thanks Kim and Kerry.
Mike

Thanks for letting us know that your pleased with them.. That's neat that your 9 year old daughter could get a fire going with one
thumbup.gif
Ya never know when you might need them
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: carvercallsOriginally Posted By: try2huntI bought 2 of the 1000 strike models a couple weeks back.Great product guys.I put one in my pack and my daughters.We both tried them to make sure we could start a fire with them if we had to and we were both successful.( she is 9 )Worked as advertised and would make a great gift for any outdoors person.Hope we never have to use them in an emergency,but nice to know its there just in case.Thanks Kim and Kerry.
Mike

Thanks for letting us know that your pleased with them.. That's neat that your 9 year old daughter could get a fire going with one
thumbup.gif
Ya never know when you might need them
thumbup1.gif

Are you still making the custom fire starters?

Back