Earth Anchors

gethuntin

Thought about giving them a try what to I need to know or what type will get teh job done.
Mainly trapping Bobcat as a target but coyotes will be in the traps to. Looking at the wolffang with 12" of cable.

Also was wondering What is a good cheap method of connecting the traps to the cable of the anchors?
kinda looking at quick links or lap links or even S hooks they are real cheap.

go 18" cable then if u need it u have it.......also just a closeable loop link is a quick connect method like i used on these snares i made with Wolf Fang anchors.....good luck!

madesnares1.jpg

Last edited:
We have Duckbill Earth Anchors & Mark June's Lures Earth Anchors. If I buy any more it will be Mark June's Lures Earth Anchors. The driver rod and steel anchor are way tougher. I constantly bend the rod on the duckbill. Fine in softer ground. As far as links I use the loop link.

I just drove in a bunch of Wolf Fangs, great anchor. You can also make them out of 1/2 pipe, cut at angles, then weld one on a 1/2" rod for a driver. weld a 5/16 nut on the shorter top side of the pipe. The pipe (earth anchor) 2-3" long, the cable needs to be 12" to 14" to hold good here, the Wolf Fang about 11-12" holds good.

Last edited:
Ive used Berkshire's for the past two seasons. Im going to be switching to superstakes. There about the most rugged earth anchor you can get. If you pair it with the chain they will last a long time. You need a puller or a shovel to get them up.

I found that the berkshires bent every time I pulled them out and you could only straighten them 2-3 times before they got weak and broke.

If I got the superstakes from the start, I would have saved money IMO

Bryan

Back