243 WSSM vs 25 WSSM an apples to apples comparison.

knockemdown, I wanna play too! But I will need you to send me that crappy scope that you have on your pee shooter! I don't wanna hear you blaming your groups on you optics so I will take it off your hands for you.
wink.gif

So whats the time limit we have for the 5 on 5? And which should I use .223 or .243 since I don't have a WSSM???
frown.gif

For real whats the time for the 5 on 5?? Because it's quicker to send 25 rounds with the AR then it would be with a bolt action.

dm, PM me an addy and I'll get the scope off to ya
wink.gif

Use the targets however you like, from whatver range you like, for as long as you like with any rifle you like...

Never thought those targets would make for a timed 'dueling tree' competition, but rather a good way to evaluate your rifle/load and to a much lesser extent, your shooting ability.
The sample size of five, 5 shot groups is large enough to draw a fair conclusion from the results, yet not take all day long to complete...

And being the target is on 8.5x11" paper, you can save & file them along with you load data...

So many little baby whiners on here. There are so many factors that determine which round is "better" besides ballistics. Like what are you gonna shoot with it, what range are you going to be taking most your shots from and mainly the shooter. No round is better than another just different uses for the round and a different shooter. And instead of "cutting" up a 243 mag why dont you just do a little research. Olympic Arms has what they call a UMAR (ultimate magnum ar) lower receiver it allows you to shoot bigger than a 95gr bullet with an enlarged opening that still accepts standard .223 mag. The 243 and 25 wssm will work depending which upper you decide to get. There is a place that sells amazing uppers from 20" to 22" fluted bull barrels. So quit fighting because there is never a clear winner to these fights simply go out and shoot some rifles and find out what you like.

I missed this one first time around... Got a "kick" out of it. I see neither one posted any "groups" here or on DM's little challange. Guess things were never resolved...

Gotta love the internet
grin.gif

Hey man you know way too much to be wasting your knowledge on us. Your statement about barrel life with the 87 grainer having poorer barrel life than the 105's goes against what people like David Tubb claims. The heavier bullet leaves the barrel slower and subjects the barrel/throat to a longer and more intense heat/pressure cycle. They could be wrong but.....
Greg Harrison

Back