New stock for Stevens 200

goldengun4

I'm looking to get rid of the original stock on my Stevens 200 .25-06. I want to put a wood stock on it. What would y'all suggest to put on there and I'd like to keep it fairly cheap as well.

Thanks!

Zach

I have a stevens model 200 7mm Rem Mag and plan on putting a Boyd's thumb hole stock on it. If you google it you will find a few forums and post that people have done the same thing. You will have to order it as a savage stock and do minor adjustments to the stock. If I remember correctly they only cost about 110 bucks. Good luck and let me know if you end up getting it before I do.

I bought a used Boyd's off here for $50. Not saying deals like that come along every day. But I'm happy with it overall for sure. I think Boyd's is one of the few that make them for center feed type Savages right now that aren't custom.
850DFEFE-B532-425F-A60E-74210B675C9E-9994-00000FCEFFDDA2B0.jpg

That is a Steven 200 in .223 and it was a direct drop in. Like I said I bought it used so don't know if the last owner had to do much to it. But is doesn't look to be sanded anywhere. Fitment is great. I know several people with Boyd's stocks that were all direct drop in. But with a Savage there can be some variance in recoil lug that I know can cause issues with a barrel being centered in the channel on Bell and Carlson stock. I've got two of those and one needed minor work the other didn't.

Last edited:
Back