Crow Hunting in NY State?

17tactical

Anyone else hunting them in NY? Went out last week with my 9 y.o. son and his 410 stoeger coach, he managed to fire dozens of times, got one, yes he is learning to use a shotgun. Now I'm hooked also. We use a foxpro FX5 to call them. We plan on going out every weekend. It seems Westchester/Putnam/Dutchess is crow paradise, we have a roost on my area that numbers over 3 thousand. So many areas to shoot them in and easily accessible.

Mat_Crow_20121110_151652.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

Biggest ever:
IMG_2790.jpg

I used to shoot them with a rifle, off the Taconic Parkway, back when I lived in Tuckahoe, just south of White Plains.

There were a lot of old farms on the "Tuck", above I-84 and the shooting was really good.

I understand that most of those farms have been made into developments now
cry.gif
cry.gif

Where in Westchester do you live?

I also lived in Tuckahoe, I live near kensico dam, lots of nice spots all over the area, the neat thing is you can setup just about anywhere you have some clearance and call them, they are everywhere.

I hunt crows Quite often
I like to find road kill take it to some open fields I have permission to hunt
Leave it for a day and Go back and set up in a make shift blind or my Hub Blind
I also do this once it snows
I take the kill out to lakes and set it up in a secluded spot and snipe them
But I generally use an air rifle for the sniping
Also use a Fox pro and decoys and snipe em off the trees once they come in!

Good shooting and Good luck

I hunt in Orange, Dutchess, Putnam, Westchester.

I start with Crow gathering, or crow party, then crows and owls. depending on response, more often than not they will send a scout, I will follow up with crow in distress or come here call.

Back