High hopes for tmw!

Bryan8

Well I put a bunch of traps out today. It was kind of weird setting traps in 50+ degree weather!

Found tons of fresh coon tracks this morning going down the tractor path between the old barns. Made 2 pipe sets with two 1 1/2 coils at each set. Made a pipe set and put one 1 1/2 coil infront of it. I couldnt drive an earth anchor down, because it was so rocky. I had a 6" section of aircraft cable in the truck that I used to wire my 330's off with so, I hooked that to the chain, and then found a old fence post with 2 horseshoes nailed to it, to use as a drag! First time using a drag actually! I used jelly and marshmellows for bait. I actually stoped at walmart to get the marshmellows, and randomly found an old jar of jelly in the barn! I then blocked off all the holes in the old barn and left 2 open which I guarded with 160's.

Went to the marsh/lake out back and set 18 rat sets. Tweleve 1 1/2 ls, and 6 120's. Everything from feedbeds, to pocketsets, and slides. The last one (Pocket) I baited with a sunny that I caught with my hand, so hopefully a mink will go after it. I put 3 traps out yesterday for a test and caught a rat, so my test proved good!

Looking forward for tomorrow moring! Hopefully pics will follow! Stay tuned

Bryan

Back