New Rifle..............20 Vartarg Turbo

Buster Hindend

I'm really excited about this rifle and round. I think it's going to be a fun round to shoot. Overall the rifle is about as lightweight custom rifle as I have.

I would be remiss if I didn't thank Bobtails right off the bat. He was very instrumental with this rifle. Rob helped me choose a caliber and components. He was even the one that told me about the Group buys from Snipers Hide that include the action and trigger for this build. I also sent him the components to take to Cody to have rifle built. He also mailed the barreled action to Karl to be coated. His wife did a lot of the mailing too. So and extra special thanks goes out to Rob and his wife
thumbup.gif

I just received this last night and if weather permits, I plan on shooting it Thursday.

Specs
20 Vartarg Turbo built by Cody's Custom Guns (Thanks Cody)
Spiral fluting, engraving and coating by Karl at Feldcamp Custom
Stiller Predator Action
Stiller .250 recoil lug
Krieger #4 Sporter
McMillan Hunter Stock 34% Olive, 33% Black, 33% Lt Tan
Jewell Trigger
Talley Lightweight low rings
Swarovski Z5 3.5X18X44

Thanks for looking
DSC09969.jpg

DSC09981.jpg

DSC09987.jpg

DSC09977.jpg

DSC09976.jpg

DSC09975.jpg

Thats sweet it came out very nice I cant wait for my 20 Vartarg to get done, what velocity can you get with the turbo over the 20 Vartarg
Again very nice rifle nice choice of components also

Originally Posted By: yotehunter243That thing is a work of art. Please explain the cartridge/parent case.

The case is a .222 that is necked down to .20 and the neck slightly shortened and the shoulder is 30 degrees.

Originally Posted By: Jake_2008What color is the cerakote? (Im just assuming that the coat is a cerakote)

Very cool.

Olive with black accents

Another beautiful gun, Brad. Looks like a coyote/woodchuck getter for sure! Those spiral flutes are really starting to grow on me.

Very nice build, for sure! Rob is an al around great guy. He's helped me out a few times. There certainly are some great folks on here!

Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110Out of all your current rigs, Brad, which is your favorite?

Love this build, came out awesome!

Which ever one I'm holding is my fav at the time
lol.gif

That's a tough call and I never really though about it. I guess it's like my kids, love them the same and can't pick a favorite
thumbup.gif

Back