5.56-6x45 questions

Does anyone know where the 223/556 explosion and death to all if used interchangeably began? Like Venatic I have not been able to find where there has actually been a documented incident related to this and I too have fired both in my guns with no issues. The funny thing is usually companies dont lawyer up with statements like this unless something has happened some where along the line. I am not arguing one way or another just curious as to where this originated.

Originally Posted By: mj36639Originally Posted By: roode301There we go savage said it must be right. Inventor of the Accu trigger what a joke.

mj your cut and paste skills are top notch!

Ruger also acknowledges there is a difference with .223 chambered Mini -14 match rifles.
grin.gif

264rjbo.jpg

http://www.ruger.com/service/FAQs.html#Q35

There you have it. I have documented that DPMS, Bushmaster, Savage, and Ruger all recognize there is a difference between SAAMI .223 and 5.56 Nato and all recommend against firing 5.56 in .223 chambered rifles. It's official sir. You have lost the debate.
thumbup.gif

---

He has not lost, and you have proven yourself to be a manipulative little worm with absolutely no knowledge on the subject. You are a forum troll.

Quote:

From Ruger...

"Can I shoot 5.56 NATO ammunition in my Mini-14 or Ranch Rifle?

.223 Rem. and 5.56 NATO can be used in all Mini-14 rifles and Ranch Rifles.
Please note that "Military Surplus" 5.56mm NATO can vary greatly in its quality and consistency."

There are several reasons that all of these companies tell you not to use 5.56 - and they are not because the use of 5.56 ammunition is dangerous.

There is a lot of 5.56 surplus on the market from eastern-blok countries that is very poor, and (perhaps) unsafe. The firearm maker is not in a position to tell you what countries are safe and which are not.

Second, while "sporting ammunition" is defined by SAAMI, and a 223 round as defined today, will be within the same specs as one made 40 years ago (and 40 years in the future), the same cannot be said about the 5.56. - it can completely change tomorrow.

If the military decided to go to a 90 grain bullet with a reduced "Land riding" body diameter and driving bands, there is no way for a rifle company to anticipate that - SAAMI would not approve the change for civilian firearms, but the military don't need no steeenkin SAAMI approval.

Third, it is a matter of product liability. I am a federally licensed ammunition manufacturer, and my insurance company (which I MUST have) demands that I label my ammunition boxes with certain warnings - the warnings have nothing to do with my ammunition.

It is like watching a Jeep commercial - you see this guy (and a hottie) jumping over rocks and running through streams with tons of camping equipment, and at the bottom of the page, there is a warning that this is on closed roads, and by professional drivers, and that you should NOT do this stuff, you should drive on paved roads at 55 mph.

So, little beginner, your lack of knowledge about the firearms world, and how life in general works, and your inability to express your "debate" in your own words, makes you a forum troll, and full of bull-poopie.

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: mj36639Originally Posted By: roode301There we go savage said it must be right. Inventor of the Accu trigger what a joke.

Ruger also acknowledges there is a difference with .223 chambered Mini -14 match rifles.
grin.gif

264rjbo.jpg

There you have it. I have documented that DPMS, Bushmaster, Savage, and Ruger all recognize there is a difference between SAAMI .223 and 5.56 Nato and all recommend against firing 5.56 in .223 chambered rifles. It's official sir. You have lost the debate.
thumbup.gif

---

He has not lost, and you have proven yourself to be a manipulative little worm with absolutely no knowledge on the subject. You are a forum troll.

Quote:

From Ruger...

Please note that "Military Surplus" 5.56mm NATO can vary greatly in its quality and consistency."

There are several reasons that all of these companies tell you not to use 5.56 - and they are not because the use of 5.56 ammunition is dangerous.

There is a lot of 5.56 surplus on the market from eastern-blok countries that is very poor, and (perhaps) unsafe. The firearm maker is not in a position to tell you what countries are safe and which are not.

Second, while "sporting ammunition" is defined by SAAMI, and a 223 round as defined today, will be within the same specs as one made 40 years ago (and 40 years in the future), the same cannot be said about the 5.56. - it can completely change tomorrow.

If the military decided to go to a 90 grain bullet with a reduced "Land riding" body diameter and driving bands, there is no way for a rifle company to anticipate that - SAAMI would not approve the change for civilian firearms, but the military don't need no steeenkin SAAMI approval.

Third, it is a matter of product liability. I am a federally licensed ammunition manufacturer, and my insurance company (which I MUST have) demands that I label my ammunition boxes with certain warnings - the warnings have nothing to do with my ammunition.

It is like watching a Jeep commercial - you see this guy (and a hottie) jumping over rocks and running through streams with tons of camping equipment, and at the bottom of the page, there is a warning that this is on closed roads, and by professional drivers, and that you should NOT do this stuff, you should drive on paved roads at 55 mph.

So, little beginner, your lack of knowledge about the firearms world, and how life in general works, and your inability to express your "debate" in your own words, makes you a forum troll, and full of bull-poopie.

Nice try but you still lose. Ha ha ha , what "Eastern Bloc" which I take to mean former Warsaw Pact nations used 5.56 which has now made it here as "Surplus"
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I take it you never served in the military otherwise you would know better.

Originally Posted By: mj36639Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: mj36639Originally Posted By: roode301There we go savage said it must be right. Inventor of the Accu trigger what a joke.

grin.gif

thumbup.gif

---

Quote:

From Ruger...

Nice try but you still lose. Ha ha ha , what "Eastern Bloc" which I take to mean former Warsaw Pact nations used 5.56 which has now made it here as "Surplus"
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I take it you never served in the military otherwise you would know better.

Many of the ex-"Eastern-Blok" communist countries are now free and making ammunition for the west in any caliber they can, including 5.56.

Wanna buy Chech 5.56 how many million rounds do you want. Go to Cabela's and look at their steel cased ammo - where do you think it comes from, New York???

Keep on laughing... you you are the fool.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesI gotta feeling this thread is just getting a good start.

smile.gif

E3E84BA7-0101-4700-BEE8-05B3F083BDC2-6987-000003AA57FD3406.jpg

I need about 3.5 minutes to get ready for this
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Scrypt
http://www.saami.org/specifications_and_...ombinations.pdf

VQNEJ.jpg

Ok, whether you're the type who reads your stock's reports by the fire or the type who likes to climb pine trees up in the power-wires(even though people have been climbing those trees for years and the power seems cut); please change the subject
rolleyes.gif

You mean I can't shoot 300 black out rounds in my .223 chamber? Now what am I gonna do? I was just sure that would work...

Quote:Many of the ex-"Eastern-Blok" communist countries are now free and making ammunition for the west in any caliber they can, including 5.56.

Wanna buy Chech 5.56 how many million rounds do you want. Go to Cabela's and look at their steel cased ammo - where do you think it comes from, New York???

Keep on laughing... you you are the fool.

Ummm yea that's not surplus. I wasn't aware Chechnya produced 5.56 ammunition. Unless of course you are referring to the Czech Republic. They are now a member of NATO so that is current production. Since they used the VZ 58 assault rifle prior to acceptance into NATO Czech surplus would actually be 7.62x39 not 5.56. Anyway the Czech 5.56 is made to NATO spec so it's no different than Lake City M855, Belgian SS-109, or even IMI 5.56.

You are really grasping at straws my friend but keep trying. I am seriously starting to believe you are an Airsofter
lol.gif

Last edited:
I guess that you geniuses didnt read JAAAACK, wanna be that way,fine. MJ straight up you havent upset me none but your an IDIOT there cut and paste on that troll. You have NO IDEA what your cutting and pasting. Why don't you go waste somebody else time and get off the forum.

Originally Posted By: Ridgeline17I guess that you geniuses didnt read JAAAACK, wanna be that way,fine. MJ straight up you havent upset me none but your an IDIOT there cut and paste on that troll. You have NO IDEA what your cutting and pasting. Why don't you go waste somebody else time and get off the forum.

Ridgeline and Roode, the fact that both of you have to resort to juvenile name calling just goes to prove that you have no argument and no ideas. Since this is a discussion forum I challenge the both of you to articulate exactly what points I have presented that are incorrect and back that up with vaild secondary sources from industry professionals.

I make a statement then add supporting information from industry professionals(ie offer footnotes as would be required for any thesis or report) to support my statement. I back up what I write while you guys throws tantrums and call me "troll, idiot, A-hole, Jerk off, fool". What's next on your list of well thought out arguments "poopy face"?
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I am always open to new ideas so step up your game and start using your heads for something other than hat racks. Teach me something.

The only info you present is cut and paste knowledge not your's anybody can do that.

Cat showed you everything you needed for your answers and makes and sell ammo with a lic.

Then he shows you up and you call him a AIRSOFTER now who's name calling. Cat has forgot more than you will know. What does it matter if you served does that make you smarter.

What's a matter the pic strike a nerve.

Originally Posted By: roode301The only info you present is cut and paste knowledge not your's anybody can do that.

Cat showed you everything you needed for your answers and makes and sell ammo with a lic.

Then he shows you up and you call him a AIRSOFTER now who's name calling. Cat has forgot more than you will know. What does it matter if you served does that make you smarter.

What's a matter the pic strike a nerve.

Nice try but don't tell me what Cat or I did. If I want a play by play I don't need it from you or Bob Costas. According to you I am wrong on everything and have zero knowledge. So instead of throwing out red herring's why don't you present your specific knowledge then back that knowledge up with industry published documentation and post it all here so I can learn something new. Im waiting Roode...........................

werewaiting.gif

Last edited:
Pshooter

First off welcome to the forum.
Second good luck with the link thing. I tried it once and it did not go over well. Maybe you will have better luck than I did.

Yeah, well if there's one thing I learned from all this, it's that breaded and fried macaroni and cheese tastes pretty good.

Apparently you can't read or just lazy to look because I gave YOU a link to look at but what the heck, YOU done know it all, so why bother. So go COPY AND PASTE SOME MORE.

Back