Make the Democrats Own the Obama Economy

Rocky1

I think she might be on to something here...

Quote:Make the Democrats Own the Obama Economy

Ann Coulter

One bright spot of Barack Obama's re-election was knowing that unemployment rates were about to soar for the precise groups that voted for him -- young people, unskilled workers and single women with degrees in gender studies. But now the Democrats are sullying my silver lining by forcing Republicans to block an utterly pointless tax-raising scheme in order to blame the coming economic Armageddon on them.

Democrats are proposing to reinstate the Bush tax cuts for everyone ... except "the rich." (Why do only tax cuts come with an expiration date? Why not tax increases? Why not Obamacare? How about New York City's "temporary" rent control measures intended for veterans returning from World War II?)

Raising taxes only on the top 2 percent of income earners will do nothing to reduce the deficit. There's not enough money there -- even assuming, contrary to all known history, that the top 2 percent won't find ways to reduce their taxable income or that the imaginary increased government revenue would be applied to deficit reduction, anyway.

Apart from Obamacare, it's difficult to think of a more effective method of destroying jobs than raising taxes on "the rich." This isn't a wealth tax on useless gigolos like John Kerry -- it's an income tax on people who are currently engaged in some profitable enterprise. Their business profits, which could have been used to hire more employees, will instead be used to pay the government.

But Republicans are over a barrel. Unless Republicans and Democrats reach an agreement, the Bush tax cuts expire at the end of the year. By pushing to extend the tax cuts for everyone except "the rich," Democrats get to look like champions of middle class tax cuts and Republicans can be portrayed as caring only about the rich.

And when the economy tanks, the Non-Fox Media will blame Republicans.

The economy will tank because, as you will recall, Obama is still president. Government rules, regulations, restrictions, forms and inspections are about to drown the productive sector. Obamacare is descending on job creators like a fly swatter on a gnat. Obama has already managed to produce the only "recovery" that is worse than the preceding recession since the Great Depression. And he says, "You ain't seen nothing yet."

The coming economic collapse is written in the stars, but if Republicans "obstruct" the Democrats by blocking tax hikes on top income earners, they're going to take 100 percent of the blame for the Obama economy.

You think not? The Non-Fox Media managed to persuade a majority of voters that the last four years of jobless misery was George W. Bush's fault, having nothing whatsoever to do with Obama.

The media have also managed to brand Republicans as the party of the rich, even as eight of the 10 richest counties voted for Obama. And that doesn't include pockets of vast wealth in cities -- Nob Hill in San Francisco, the North Shore of Chicago, the Upper East Side of Manhattan and the Back Bay of Boston -- whose residents invariably vote like welfare recipients. Seven of the 10 richest senators are Democrats. The very richest is the useless gigolo.

Republicans have a PR problem, not an economic theory problem. That doesn't mean they should cave on everything, but seeming to fight for "tax cuts for the rich" is a little close to the bone, no matter how tremendously counterproductive such taxes are.

Yes, conservatives can try harder to get the truth out, but as UCLA political science professor Tim Groseclose has shown, media bias already costs Republicans about 8 to 10 points in elections. Try arguing a year from now that Republicans' refusal to agree to tax hikes on the top 2 percent of income earners -- resulting in an expiration of all the Bush tax cuts -- had nothing to do with the inevitable economic disaster.

Republicans have got to make Obama own the economy.

They should spend from now until the end of the congressional calendar reading aloud from Thomas Sowell, Richard Epstein, John Lott and Milton Friedman and explaining why Obama's high tax, massive regulation agenda spells doom for the nation.

Then some Republicans can say: We think this is a bad idea, but Obama won the election and the media are poised to blame us for whatever happens next, so let's give his plan a whirl and see how the country likes it.

Republicans need to get absolute, 100 percent intellectual clarity on who bears responsibility for the next big recession. It is more important to win back the Senate in two years than it is to save the Democrats from their own idiotic tax plan. Unless Republicans give them an out, Democrats won't be able to hide from what they've done.

Even Democrats might back away from that deal.

http://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulte...utm_campaign=nl

Coulter is so far out there you can't even call her hard right, she makes hard right look like flaming liberals.
lol.gif

That really sucks huh woodtofu. A pretty, strong, self reliant female with more IQ in her little finger than you have in that little pea between your ears. I would bet that like most liberals, if we laid your brain on the edge of a razor blade it would look like a BB in a boxcar. You continue to reinforce this truth with every idiotic post.

Originally Posted By: woodguruCoulter is so far out there you can't even call her hard right, she makes hard right look like flaming liberals.

So, gee, guru,

We are now all gathered at your enlightened feet... you know we are simply too ignorant to understand her obvious (to you, of course) errors, so please, please, please tell us in plain terms we can grasp... why, exactly is she incorrect?

Originally Posted By: seeknulfindOriginally Posted By: woodguruCoulter is so far out there you can't even call her hard right, she makes hard right look like flaming liberals.

So, gee, guru,

We are now all gathered at your enlightened feet... you know we are simply too ignorant to understand her obvious (to you, of course) errors, so please, please, please tell us in plain terms we can grasp... why, exactly is she incorrect?

Yeah I'd like to hear that one too... First 2 years Obama was in office with Democrat Majority we bailed out the Auto Makers, against popular opinion. We bailed out the banks, against popular opinion. We voted in Obamacare, against popular opinion. Seems like the democrats were on a roll, and if allowed to have their way, they'd probably all be voted out office, provided the damm polls weren't rigged again.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1Originally Posted By: seeknulfindOriginally Posted By: woodguruCoulter is so far out there you can't even call her hard right, she makes hard right look like flaming liberals.

So, gee, guru,

Yeah I'd like to hear that one too... First 2 years Obama was in office with Democrat Majority we bailed out the Auto Makers, against popular opinion. We bailed out the banks, against popular opinion. We voted in Obamacare, against popular opinion. Seems like the democrats were on a roll, and if allowed to have their way, they'd probably all be voted out office, provided the damm polls weren't rigged again.

Oh no, we bailed out automakers, and it went so badly

You know what's really funny about the polls prior to the election? It's only the GOP polls that were wrong, the others were spot on. Hearing a collage of FOX/GOP expert predictions the day or two before the elections is like hearing a parade of mindless wishful thinking. Meanwhile the other side seemed to be pretty much spot on, so much for accurate predictions based on facts. Can't trust no stinkin facts.

And yet somehow the right still has the ability to strike a chord with those who "believe" them.

When someone stands in front of me and says with a voice of pure authority and conviction, "this is what's going to happen", I wait to see how accurate they were and the next time someone who wasn't even close says something I don't take them very seriously. Those who were spot on were using the thinking part of their brains, not the faith driven belief side.

Who ya gonna "trust". the side that doesn't know what facts are that panders to wishful thinking or the one that manages to actually predict outcomes with a degree of certainty?

Obama proudly "owns" the economy, yeah things are slow, but all indicators are in a slow growth mode.

Now we need a congress that does it's job and stops the obstruction hampering this economy so it can do better.

Trickle down economy fits that bill.

Originally Posted By: woodrotWho ya gonna "trust". the side that doesn't know what facts are that panders to wishful thinking or the one that manages to actually predict outcomes with a degree of certainty?

Obama proudly "owns" the economy, yeah things are slow, but all indicators are in a slow growth mode.

Now we need a congress that does it's job and stops the obstruction hampering this economy so it can do better.

Trickle down economy fits that bill.

Uhmmm... Woodrot... the only answers for the economy I have heard coming out of the Democrats since Obama took office is, "You have to spend the tax payers money to stop a recession." "Oh we don't have any tax payers money left to spend! Guess we're going to have to allow the Bush tax cuts to expire." "Oh that isn't going to fix it either, we're going to have to raise the debt ceiling another 2 1/2 Trillion, on top of the 2 Trillion we've already raised it."

And, one thing I do know for certain is... You cannot borrow yourself out of debt. PERIOD! It does not happen. And, you sure as he11 cannot spend yourself out of debt, while using borrowed money, especially when you're sending that borrowed money that you spend back to where you borrowed it from, rather than invest it in your own country. And, it doesn't take but about 1 healthy brain cell to figure that one out!!

As for the polls being correct, this presidential race was manipulated in Obama's favor in every way imaginably possible, beginning with fixing the polls to make it look like he actually had a chance to begin with. What is truly spooky about that is, Barack Obama has lowered the ladder of qualifications for the job of President of the United States to such sub-basement levels, that even a yo-yo like you might have a chance at being elected.

A person has to be uneducated , misinformed , inbred , with a touch of downs syndrome, to believe anything the GOP pukes say . Much like most in this church ..

FORWARD, 4 MORE YEARS ,FORWARD 4 MORE YEARS , FOREWARD 4 MORE YEARS .

Oh, so you're saying, in all of your infidel wisdom, that you and the democratic party have figured a way to borrow yourself and the country out of debt eaglefart? Because, I'd truly like to hear that one too!

Originally Posted By: eaglerock A person has to be uneducated , misinformed , inbred , with a touch of downs syndrome, to believe anything the GOP pukes say . Much like most in this church ..

FORWARD, 4 MORE YEARS ,FORWARD 4 MORE YEARS , FOREWARD 4 MORE YEARS .

Yeah, just ask your own James Carville:

Quote:The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn’t have a clue than there were Republicans.
Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you’re smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That’s why I’m a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to.”

So if WE are "uneducated , misinformed , inbred , with a touch of downs syndrome", um, what does that make you?

BTW, I have yet to see one intelligent word concerning the article in question from you or your comrade, the guru.

Only in America can a non American born citizen get elected to President have an agenda to destroy our country and then get re elected for a second term.
Clint Eastwood said it best, this is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated against the American people.

I think the illusion of a difference between the republicans and democrats is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated against the American people. Trying to convince anyone on here of this is almost futile. The majority of these people are bought and paid for.

Originally Posted By: PoleskiI think the illusion of a difference between the republicans and democrats is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated against the American people. Trying to convince anyone on here of this is almost futile. The majority of these people are bought and paid for.

Love you third party pukes that think "your" party would be any differant than the two we got now. To think that people in the 3rd party wouldn't succumb to greed is pretty dilusional.

Absolutely... Even in the Communist party, where everyone is supposed to be equal, those in goverment consider themselves eliteist and line their own pockets before distributing equality to others.

Back