ghillie suits

ibayne

been kicking around the idea of getting a ghillie suit....cant decide on the kill suit from all predator calls or the more traditional one with the strings...any pros cons on either

i have a kill suit. dont pick up burs, dont hang up on brush, light weight, not hot when its hot, fits over heavy clothes when its cold. affordable. only con is, i dont have a green one yet.

my string suit after one use was full of grass seeds and burs and twigs that stuck my legs together and made it a pain to walk, I did belly crawl in it a little so that didn't help much. I've recently looked at a kill suit and it's even cheaper then mine. If I could do it again I'd go kill suit.

For those of you who own a Kill Suit (Strips) do you think the material is Shiny?? If its the same material that is the base for the Ghilli(string) I think it has alot of shine to it.

Have not really thought about it being shiny but I guess in bright sunlight it might get some shine but so does the actual fauna that you are trying to blend with.
I have had pretty good success with mine from AP.com
IMG_1046.jpg

Originally Posted By: venaticHave not really thought about it being shiny but I guess in bright sunlight it might get some shine but so does the actual fauna that you are trying to blend with.
I have had pretty good success with mine from AP.com
IMG_1046.jpg

What do you do with them.

Just got a kill suit from APC in the desert pattern, and yes I think it is shiny. I cut strips of camo burlap and tied it to the suit. I think it will help. Maybe in time the shine will kind of fade.

I've been killing dogs at 40 yards with the Cabela's TCS. I got it because I have a down jacket and didn't want to shell out $300 for a camo hunting jacket. I use it for dogs, elk, and ducks. Using the 3D seclusion in all conditions. Sage, Sub-Alpine, Marsh. Everyone is dying just the same. Really like it and it is on sale for $70 right now.

Originally Posted By: SGT. DI like the Avery Killer Ghillie in there open country pattern. They have a snow camo one out this year too.

Ive read that the suit has a strong factory smell (plastics), did you experience this?

Back