Magpul Acs L or similar style ?

Magpul MS3 with quick detach swivel on the butt stock. I'm using the magpul MOE rifle stock but the attachment point for the swivel is basically the same. Have magpul RSA attachment to the picatinny on the gas block. Also shooting RR PP
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: RRPP223Magpul MS3 with quick detach swivel on the butt stock. I'm using the magpul MOE rifle stock but the attachment point for the swivel is basically the same. Have magpul RSA attachment to the picatinny on the gas block. Also shooting RR PP
smile.gif

It's not a problem attaching to the gas block? I didn't think you could put something like that on there....figured it could affect accuracy beings its attached to the barrel.

Originally Posted By: coyote.204Originally Posted By: RRPP223Magpul MS3 with quick detach swivel on the butt stock. I'm using the magpul MOE rifle stock but the attachment point for the swivel is basically the same. Have magpul RSA attachment to the picatinny on the gas block. Also shooting RR PP
smile.gif

It's not a problem attaching to the gas block? I didn't think you could put something like that on there....figured it could affect accuracy beings its attached to the barrel.

I've seen no effect at all, No change in POI. RSA points off to side and really low profile so no interference with scope. Gas block picatinnys used a lot for front buis though I never have. Just don't think the minimal weight addition changes the harmonics on the heavy barrel.

Originally Posted By: RRPP223Originally Posted By: coyote.204Originally Posted By: RRPP223Magpul MS3 with quick detach swivel on the butt stock. I'm using the magpul MOE rifle stock but the attachment point for the swivel is basically the same. Have magpul RSA attachment to the picatinny on the gas block. Also shooting RR PP
smile.gif

I've seen no effect at all, No change in POI. RSA points off to side and really low profile so no interference with scope. Gas block picatinnys used a lot for front buis though I never have. Just don't think the minimal weight addition changes the harmonics on the heavy barrel.

If you use a tight sling to stabilize the rifle and that sling is attached to your gas block it can definitely affect your point of impact. I also completely defeats the purpose of a free float barrel if you have one.

Originally Posted By: mj36639Originally Posted By: RRPP223Originally Posted By: coyote.204Originally Posted By: RRPP223Magpul MS3 with quick detach swivel on the butt stock. I'm using the magpul MOE rifle stock but the attachment point for the swivel is basically the same. Have magpul RSA attachment to the picatinny on the gas block. Also shooting RR PP
smile.gif

If you use a tight sling to stabilize the rifle and that sling is attached to your gas block it can definitely affect your point of impact. I also completely defeats the purpose of a free float barrel if you have one.
Point taken, as I think of it I've only shot fom bags or field rest since install and haven't wrapped into the sling. Wish I had a rail on the FF tube. Guess the tube is the next replacement or find a way to modify a swivel attachment to mate well with the para clip on the MS3. Any suggestions?

Back