Stray cat decoy. How many of you have them?

You are correct jarheadhunter...it does not matter what call(s) you are using. The call(s) brings em in and the decoy forces them to show themselves which in turn, increases your odds at getting a shot. Obviously, you must have coyotes in the are you are hunting AND they must be able to see the decoy when approaching.

I've had them charge the decoy with rabbit distress, fox distress, and coyote pup distress. It doesn't matter. I've had bad luck of coyotes flaring from the sight of a decoy in the past. Nock on wood.....it hasn't happened once with this decoy.

Tony

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeI've had them charge the decoy with rabbit distress, fox distress, and coyote pup distress. It doesn't matter. I've had bad luck of coyotes flaring from the sight of a decoy in the past. Nock on wood.....it hasn't happened once with this decoy.

Tony

+1. On our recent hunt with Tony, every yote that could see the Stray Cat came barreling in to it. Not a single one checked up. I had quit using decoys. The Stray Cat has a very natural, very variable movement. I may have to get one.

Yes the decoy will work with the CS24 you have to have your remote setting for Latched and not Momentary as you would for the jack in the box

When I went hunting with Tony the decoy worked! Here is a result picture.
IMG_5231.jpg

Coyotes love stray cats and we have lots of them here in N.C. It also looks a little like a skunk, and believe it or not from what I have heard skunks are a favorite meal of Coyotes! I think I'm gonna have to have one.

Man O Man...and I just had one in my hands and put it down.... stupid stupid stupid... maybe this would be more helpful in killing dogs than it would be to have that hundred bucks in my pocket.

I looked at the primos site and the operating unit is like the MOJO or Primos sit n spin units. Now of course this one is remote controlled and has a 3.5 plug. BUT Im thinking you could make a tail in black or brown w/white tip and attach it to the rod after you take of the rabbit head or mojo tails (depending on the unit), then drape a bigger furry skin over the base.
Im going to do that to my primos sitnspin & test it.
out in the next week or so.

Originally Posted By: dan brothersMan O Man...and I just had one in my hands and put it down.... stupid stupid stupid... maybe this would be more helpful in killing dogs than it would be to have that hundred bucks in my pocket.

$49.99 at cabelas as stated above. $79.99 most other places including APC here.
I just saved you $$....
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: nr123Price is back to $99 this morning.

Dammit... For $100, I'm not so interested, for $50, I'm all in... I was at Cabelas night before last, and was going today, sad I missed this one!

Originally Posted By: 5spdI looked at the primos site and the operating unit is like the MOJO or Primos sit n spin units. Now of course this one is remote controlled and has a 3.5 plug. BUT Im thinking you could make a tail in black or brown w/white tip and attach it to the rod after you take of the rabbit head or mojo tails (depending on the unit), then drape a bigger furry skin over the base.
Im going to do that to my primos sitnspin & test it.
out in the next week or so.

I would tend to agree, I think the units are the same as the sit n spin, just a different program for operation. My guess is that either there is a smooth flexible tube up the tail to let the wire spin without twisting the sheath, or it is programmed to run 180deg instead of full rotations. The variation in the different modes (tail wagging vs a straight tail shimmy) would be in the speed, fast spinning the wire guide rod inside a flexible tube would make it shimmy, a slow circle would make it wag.

One question I would have, if a guy DOES hook it up to a foxpro, how do you control the speed/mode of movement? My guess is you'd have to control mode of action with its dedicated remote, but could start and stop it with the foxpro remote, but I could be way off here.

Back