Yoteless in Ohio

I just scanned the rule book.

Am I correct that -

as a non resident I do not need a license to hunt coyotes

I cannot hunt them at night with a light

I can hunt them at night if it is bright enough out to see without a light

I can hunt them on WPAs if it is open to hunting

I can use an AR style rifle

I plan to start giving it a try this fall while I am up there for work.

You are correct on the rules, NO license required for non-residents, but if you want to hunt yotes in North Dakota it will cost you $42 for non-resident. Bring your AR with on your next trip and you can find WMA maps on the Minnesota DNR website or some sporting goods stores have maps. In the winter when you have nice moon lit nights you can see for a mile so it is a great time to cruise the back roads around Fergus. Enjoy your visits and Good Hunting,----Riflemann

You can use lights per restrictions, ie.. must be handheld light, and can only use light with rimfire or shotgun, also can only use lights from jan 1 to mid march I beleive.

Originally Posted By: jimmyg75You can use lights per restrictions, ie.. must be handheld light, and can only use light with rimfire or shotgun, also can only use lights from jan 1 to mid march I beleive.

Last I seen it was shotgun only with a light. May have changed. Also the hand held light is up to interpitation per officer. Thats whay I don't use one.

Originally Posted By: frozenbuttOriginally Posted By: jimmyg75You can use lights per restrictions, ie.. must be handheld light, and can only use light with rimfire or shotgun, also can only use lights from jan 1 to mid march I beleive.

Last I seen it was shotgun only with a light. May have changed. Also the hand held light is up to interpitation per officer. Thats whay I don't use one.

Rimefire rifles are illegal to use with hand held lights to take coyotes and fox from Jan 1st-Mar 15th. It is shotguns only with lights. I just read the regs.

Mark

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varmithntrIf you have Google Earth you down load all MN WPA's from the MNDNR site, cool add on for google.
And welcome to Minnesota.

I have spent hours trying to mark all those bounderies! Thanks.

Back