No ducks yet

yotehunter57

when I checked the field this morning.
BUT, there was a Bald Eagle sitting at the waters edge.
With no ducks maybe he'll leave soon.
If the Eagle would just catch and eat beavers, he would be worth his weight in gold.

Shayne

Hope you end up gettin into some. I havnt got into any either this year. My spots are almost dry. ha. Has the migrating birds really hit Arkansas yet or all the birds im seein just local birds?

There should be some northern birds here now that the cold has arrived.
There's been 200-300 ducks on the field for a little over a week.
My friends went once, but all the ducks stayed to the other end of the field. They wouldn't even threaten to come close to the end with a little cover where the blind is.
I'm going in the morning mainly to watch.
I may try throwing out some ugly decoys and throw up a dummy blind on the other end of the field, and see if they'll get closed.
Have you got any birds yet?

shayne

Well I went Wednesday and killed 1 Shoveler. There were ducks on the field, but hardly any fying, with none after shooting time.
Usually they get better after the first of the year. Maybe they will get better soon.

Shayne

Headed to the east coast next week for scoters and brant. They are just now starting to show up at the Chesapeake bay region in numbers from e reports I am getting. You should be in to them in Arkansas in a week or so with the weather,

Im in southern Minnesota and we are loaded with ducks, but the season is closed. Its the same thing every year [beeep].

Back