what gear have you lost in the field?

the impactzone

Ok guys after reading where one of the members lost a camera I started to recall all the gear i have lost and not found over the years,

I'll share mine after other share theirs, but to start with one camera, one range finder,,,don't know how many knifes and mags, but my recent loss was a big one

I usually just lose birds after I wing em. Or just don't mark where they fall well enough. Can't really think of any gear I've lost in the field.

I lost a hand call and also have lost a very good skinning knife on an elk hunt. Thought I had put back in the scabbard and after walking back to the truck and started changing from my bloody clothes I noticed it wasn't there. Since it was pitch black out and I was exhausted from carrying elk quarters I wrote it off as a loss. I am sure someone found it and was happy.

I lost a cell phone in the middle of a gravel road came back 2 hrs later and it was still there. I put it on the bumper after bow hunting. Then my truck, boat and motor and trailer...... never mind that was fishing don't count.
MB

Nice cannon digital camera lots of shooting sticks (thank god I make my own for 5 bucks a pair) the old scope covers with the bungee cords that hold em In place gloves hats half a boxes of shells. Nothing too expensive or important other than the camera.

I not ever been coyote hunting but I like to deer hunt an awful lot. When I go deer hunting I lose stuff all the time. I lost my gun one time becuase i left it up against the tree and walked out and did not know i did not have it until i went hunting 3 days later. Wehn i went back my cousin had got my gun and he will not give it back. I lost glove to.

I found a decent pair of 10x binoculars once. I lost my boonie hat that matches my leafy suit, believe it or not, they don't offer that pattern any more
frown.gif

I have lost more gloves and pocket knives than I can to mention.

I'm a loser.

From memory, I have lost-

Remington 870 after setting it on top of my truck and driving off (got it back with a stern reprimand from the sheriffs dept)

Nikon binos

Four maglites. All at the bottom of lakes or swamps.

Two remote controls to shock collars

Treestand and feeder (stolen)

Trailer keys

Atv keys

Random duck decoys

Fishing rods not stowed properly

Hats

Many pairs of gloves

A few knives

Random black powder accessories

Every factory scope cover I have ever gotten

Hs scent fresh earth tabs by the dozen

A really nice Columbia duck parka (miss this the most)

And other stuff that my memory that doesn't work anymore cannot recall.

Last edited:
I lost a Garmin gps off the top of my truck. I set it there while in the truck so it could pick up a better signal. Then I drove away. I can laugh about it now.

I've lost several two way radios. I currently have 4 different single radios from original pairs. Good thing they are all backwards compatible.

Then there was that hunting knife....and a hand call.

I figure whoever found that stuff had a good day!

Sendit

Had the batteries die in the Foxpro in the middle of a stand. Went back to the truck and leaned my AR in the front tire while I changed the batteries. Jumped in the truck and went to the next stand. Got there and realized I didn't have my rifle. Drove back and got it.

Luckily we turned the opposite direction and the rear tire tracked within 2" of it and everything was fine.

I have a couple of expensive knives laying on the ground up in Alaska. I lived there for 12 years and had a bad habit of finishing the work then leaving the knife where I put it down.

Shooting sticks and the head mask of my camo and an Orvis fly rod with a nice Orvis reel that I leaned against the truck in New Hampshire. I turned around to get it but someone found it before I could get back.

It could be worse.

Back