Gun store employee accidentally shoots customer in the back

Best thing my Manager taught me was to let the customer unload their own weapon and never ever let them pass on to you a loaded weapon. If you did and he spotted it, you'd be unemployed.

T2G

It's everyone's responsibility to clear a gun before handing it to anyone, it's then the responsibility of the person being handed a gun to make sure it's cleared again. I make a point in a gun store to clear the gun in front of the person, and expect to see it checked again when I hand it over.

Guy apparently wasn't adhering to the first rule, never let the firearm point at a person. That rule trumps all accidental firings.

But someone working in a gun store should consider it gospel.

That's what business liability insurance is for.

Last edited:
You just never know.Never point a gun at anyone is a rule to live by.I bought a 22 rifle,a pump,from a pawn shop and it had been on the rack for a while.I got it home and took it outside and put a few rounds in it to check it out.It would not pick up a round.Let the rounds I had put in slide back out of the tube,I had counted them so I knew I got them all back.I opened the action in the bright sun and could see a round jammed up in it.I got four live rounds out of it and it worked fine ever after.What if those rounds had come lose in the store.

Back