Dog hanging out with Coyote ?

Castnshoot

This is my first post here.

I have taken a handfull of Coyotes, but nothing like most of the guys on this fourm.

Here is my question. I have lost a couple of chickens over the last week.

My neighbor has lost some too. He told me that he had seen a Coyote hanging with a dog out behind our properties.

So I went out the next morning and sure enough I get a pic of this.

My question is do I shoot them both if I get the chance or do I give the dog a pass?

I don't really want to shoot the dog from the Little Rascals!

boxhorn086.jpg

boxhorn085.jpg

That's crazy. I say both. I think the three S's come into play. Put ur camera at ur coop if u can afford to loose anymore chickens. I seen a beagle with a fox before

Picture just screams photo shop....
Shoot which ever one is real.

That has to be one of the worst pics...check out all the background.

Last edited:
Something does not seam right here. This is the thread starters first post. The picture looks like it is mega photo shopped and they are from Cali! Smells kind of like an animal rights person looking for fuel for their fire. I could be wrong and if I am I apologize.

In the bottom pic, it looks like a branch with leaves on the Coyotes back? But the top photo wich seems to be from the same location has no shrubs like that. Its kinda strange looking.

Doesn't pass the smell test here. But I have seen domestic dogs running with coyotes before. I dropped the coyote first. I personally wouldn't shoot a domestic unless I saw it in the act of destroying livestock/pets or threatening humans.

Originally Posted By: Hunter GathererYep, don't shoot either save your money, buy a real camera and make real posts.

The photos above were cropped from these and I used quick fix that does make them look funny.

Tuff crowd here. I don't hold the The Cali comments against anybody, it IS packed full of nuts no doubt.

boxhorn089.jpg

boxhorn091.jpg

boxhorn087.jpg

Wow real tuff crowd.

Of coarse the angle in the photo there is no shot. That is why the Coyote for sure got a pass the day of the Photo.

There is plenty of open country looking from the other direction.

It is not in city limits, it is state owned land open to hunting.

Only ever shot one dog and that was one that an ex roommate left at the house. Never knew dalmatians can turn so mean, kept trying to fight my rott and shepard then one day me. Don't bite the hand that feeds you or you get a clip.

That being said I can't kill some kids dog that happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. So it would get a pass.

Dang guys cut the new guy some slack. If I had gotten on here and posted my first thread and gotten this kinda feed back I probably wouldn't have bothered signing in again. He asked for an answer to a simple question and that's it. In reply to the OP's question, I would target the yote's. I dont know that I can kill a "domestic-looking" dog unless I see him casuing harm. Good luck man and welcome to PM.

I wouldn't shoot any domesticated dog unless it was causing harm. Dog may just be social with the coyotes and not be doing any damage.

Originally Posted By: chevyman10709Dang guys cut the new guy some slack. If I had gotten on here and posted my first thread and gotten this kinda feed back I probably wouldn't have bothered signing in again. He asked for an answer to a simple question and that's it. In reply to the OP's question, I would target the yote's. I dont know that I can kill a "domestic-looking" dog unless I see him casuing harm. Good luck man and welcome to PM.

+1 I'm gunna be polite, but wary. Welcome to PM.

I'd say don't shoot unless you catch it in the act and even so try other means like contacting the owners unless its completely wild... Then you might wanna be CAREFULL with wild dogs in a populated area like that with kids and all.

Not sure if I'd take the dog so close to homes, (this coming from someone who primarily hunts wild dogs) The last thing you need is to get your neighbors hating you because you shot their kids pet. there are enough Anti's out there and there is no reason to give anyone else a reason to hate shooters. The Coyote is fair game though..

Originally Posted By: frozenbutt

That being said I can't kill some kids dog that happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. So it would get a pass.

Very well put FB
The dog doesn't "look" like a real threat to anyone or anything. In fact, he's so ugly, that may be his only friend.lol

Shayne

Back