Prairie Blaster

Orneryolfart357

Is anyone using/liking this call? At almost 10lbs seems like a heavy unit. What are your thoughts from those with experience? I am still liking the Shockwave as well, But I am itching for a new call.. Thanks.

It is very big and very heavy. It has unbelieveable volume. It also has a nice decoy that's real easy to use with it.

I have a Spitfire, Firestorm and Fury but I am just a few days from having a Shockwave. I will keep my Fury for backup and two coyote hunting freinds are buying my Spitfire and Firestorm.

Well before I sell My Fury I was wanting to get input on this call. Are the D Cell batteries that are rechargeable any good these days? Or would a Guy have to buy the 12v Gel Batt adding more weight for the Prairie blaster? Im thinking Shockwave too, but I am still undecided. I Wonder if the CS 24 can be upgraded to the Shockwave remote? Any thoughts on that?

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Well before I sell My Fury I was wanting to get input on this call. Are the D Cell batteries that are rechargeable any good these days? Or would a Guy have to buy the 12v Gel Batt adding more weight for the Prairie blaster? Im thinking Shockwave too, but I am still undecided. I Wonder if the CS 24 can be upgraded to the Shockwave remote? Any thoughts on that?

I will send this thread out to both people I know that can answer all your questions. They both should respond to you by Sunday or Monday if not quicker.

I have the pb and the snow prow crow 2. Now i want the fury for coyote hunting deep in the woods or long walks. I use the other two for crows and at my permanent hutning stands. the pb will run off the spc2 large battery. And they will also run off a car 12v battery.

To answer your question...i would get 2 battery packs and forget d batteries...with the pb if you shutoff the rear speaker you will get longer run times...

Pb is nice becuse of the buitin decoy and its out of way and not near the battery box.

Always have a backup battery...

Back