Need some warm snow camo..any suggestions???

tomuchtohandle

I've looked through the forum and everyone has mixed reviews on what they use. The stuff at Cabela's and Gander Mountain don't look so warm. I'm up near the New York/Canada border and we get 3 feet of snow up here easy with cold temps -30*. Any suggestions on a nice parka and pants ( I hate bibs )???

I love my Wooltimate clothing i got from Cabelas it is super super warm the only downside is sandburs and other little stickers get caught in them all the time

I just wear the thin stuff over my regular camo or my 7 layer extreme cold weather clothing system the army has issued me. If you can get your hands on some of the "waffle" tops and bottoms and the fleece from a surplus store or military clothing store wear that under even just jeans and a jacket and you will be toasty.

I also wear the thin stuff over normal extreme cold weather gear. The German poncho is good too. No need to buy separate snow gear. Just don't wait to buy when you need it. It will be out of stock.

I picked up some waterproof waterfoul coverups in Mossy Oak winter breakup from Cabelas bargain cave. I can layer under it from light to heavy depending on temps. Stay dry sitting in snow for hours. Usually I wear under armour type base layer with fleece over it, then the coverups. Works for me...

I wear the cabelas dry plus insulated all white parka and bibs. I've hunted in -20 F and have been nothing but comfy in them. Of course I had good under layering on as well. I know you don't like bibs but for me they do a fine job of creating extra warmth. They just make it harder to reach for the side arm. I also prefer all white than any snow camo.

I prefer quality gear in snow camp. And I HATE being cold. The problem I've run into is sizing and warmth. And items being out of stock. I'm 5,8" and 250 lbs. Getting dressed for calling in the winter here is a challenge. 30 below is a pretty normal winter temp here. It stays 40 below for good periods of time and there's a breeze blowing. In a lot of places .. I haven't been able to find any 4-5 XL cover ups to put over my Arctic gear so I will prolly have to make my own. Everyone that lists them is out of stock

I really like my Natural Gear Snow Camo Pants and Jacket...keeps me plenty warm,the trick is to dress in layers to stay warm and don't over do it when walking out so You end up sweating then getting cold any ways!

I believe the tigher fitting Under Armour clothing is the way to go then some different layers of clothes and Your thicker Pants,Jacket and good warm gloves...another trick I learned was to put on some of the surgical or blue rubber gloves on your hands then your gloves to keep your hands a lot warmer in colder conditions!

Originally Posted By: GTOHunter
...another trick I learned was to put on some of the surgical or blue rubber gloves on your hands then your gloves to keep your hands a lot warmer in colder conditions!

Do your hands get sweaty in the rubber gloves?

I have Natural Gear that I originally bought for laying out in snow covered fields at or below zero. I got the insulated bibs and a XXXL uninsulated jacket so I could layer underneath it. I also have an insulated jacket that goes with the bibs. If you lay still the geese will land on you and it works just as good for calling. It is super warm.

In colder weather I never really noticed if my hands sweated much at all but it did keep my hands a lot warmer,now mind You I wasn't stacking wood and working hard with my hands....just walking,carrying my Rifle and calling for Predators!

Wal-Mart has some nice fleese 4sale. I bought some and had my neighbor sew a poncho for me and use my warm stuff under it.

Back