Question about the Mathews Creed

I really like my "reworked bow thats smooth!! And light!!" The Creeds draw is smooth. And accuracy is top notch. It has a different sound than my other Mathews bows. Not loud, just different. With the large idler wheel and cam the string angle is less severe, so it feels like a longer axle to axle bow than it really is. That allows you to keep your head upright in a more natural position if you shoot tip of your nose to the string.

mtb8522, I always encourage people to shoot all the big name bows and buy the one that feels best to you. One will stand out over the rest.
Go shoot the Creed though, I think you will like it.

You will always have the " those are junk, you should try the xyz, they must be running out of ideas" brand loyal peolple for every company.
All I can say, I think there must be a lot of closet Mathews shooters, because 80% of the time they walk out of my shop with one lol.

Funny, It's not ok for me I suggest other bow companies because that makes me "brand loyal" yet you are a Mathews dealer....?? Hahahaha.....oooooooook!

Originally Posted By: thatguyFunny, It's not ok for me I suggest other bow companies because that makes me "brand loyal" yet you are a Mathews dealer....?? Hahahaha.....oooooooook!

Didn't say it was not ok for you to have your opinion. And as far as the quote, it was in general. I've been selling bows for 23 years and heard those exact words many,many times! We do sell other bows and percentage wise after shooting them most walk out with a Mathews.
Now, as i said, everyone has their favorite and a large percentage are "brand loyal" Does that make them(you) bad, or stupid? No.It means you are parcial to a certain bow. Is Mathews my Favorite? Yes. Working with bows for 23 years you become parcial to the ones that cause you the less headaches.
I'll tell you one I'm impressed with, and we don't even sell them. Bear, They've come a long way in the last few years. They tune easy and shoot well. I think the double string stops look a little goofy but they function well. So you could say i'm parcial to a bow we dont even sell.

DOA is spot on. Try them out. When I first started bow hunting I had friends tell me about a bunch of different brands. I believe that product reviews in outdoor magazines are also fueled by sponsorship dollars. So I decided to do what DOA recomended and try them out.
Most importantly an archery pro shop can set up the bow to fit you. Which is very important toward the enjoyment of archery in general. If its not comfortable and second nature when drawn back and shot your not going to shoot it very much; regardless of brand.
People talk about speed as well. Depending upon your arrow selection, broadhead weight, and draw length, draw weight, you will almost never achieve the bow manufacturers advertised speed rating with much accuracy. So again shoot what is comfortable and shoot what YOU like. Secondly speed isn't everything, accuracy is IMO.
New archery equipment is a hefty investment as well regardless the manufacturer. As mentioned above, I "test drove" bows as suggested, after saving for a while. I now own 3 different Mathews bows, fitted to me, and they are a joy to shoot. Just my $.02 hope it helps.

Last edited:
doa ... I'm with ya on the Bear bows , I just bought me a new one , I have not shot groups like I currently can shoot ... My other bow happened to be a bear , buckmaster bow , It stacked up a pile of dead deer with that bow !!!! My buddy has lost two great bucks with his mathews , I am hear to tell ya his mathews was way to fast for his 2 blade rage broadheads , they wouldn't fully open , but mine has always made as big a entrance hole as it did exit !

Last edited:
i have shot the creed also very smooth bow the back wall is very solid just like my helim im trying to decide to buy one or not myself

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223Nope and dont care too. Its another reworked bow thats smooth!! And light!!! And costs way too much.
I agree!! I was a die hard Mathews shooter for years!!! I switched to a Strothers Wrath SHO and i LOVE IT!!!!

Back