Which Decoy

Clayton86

I want to get a decoy to add to my set ups but can't decided between then FOXPRO FOXjack2 to attach to my new wildfire or if I should go with the MOJO critter. Any experience with either to help me narrow it down.

I've only used the Mojo Critter so that's all I can speak on. I have had much success using it and had coyotes come running straight to it after they lock eyes on it. A couple of weeks ago I had a pair of coyotes charge up to it and actually knock it over and I shotgunned one of them at the decoy. When I got home later that night and was putting my gear away I noticed a rattling sound coming from my Critter. One of the pellets from my shot had went through the top of the housing, but it still functions perfectly.

i have b oth and they both work great BUT if it were me i would get the FOX PRO Jack Attck 2 so u can control motion speed and on/off when u want it on not when u have to turn it on and leave it on because thats all u got..........good luck.

Last edited:
no not as of yet i havent.......i also run rechargeable and have backup.........i as well always recharge back at the house after every time out.......good luck!

I bought the foxjack2 for my spitfire haven't had a chance to use it in the field yet. The motor is really quite and the decoy motion is herky jerky in a good way.
J

I have both. In areas where I primarily call reds the mojo is to aggressive. I like the fox jack that I can control with the remote when it's attached to my fury

I used the mojo critter for a couple of years and had good luck with it but when the ground was froze it was nearly impossible to shove in the ground. That was a big downfall for me.
I bought the foxjack for my fury this fall and have killed 7 coyotes over it so far. All of them came right at it with out hesitation except 2 and they came within 50 yards of it and i think smelled the caller or me and started to back off.
To me it is the only way to go. The convience of having it all in one is great.
As far as battery, i usually only make 3-4 20min stands in a morning and then recharge so it. It does that no problem.

Good Luck

Last edited:
I have had good and bad luck with different set ups. I have had good luck on Bobcats with the Mojo Critter. It works on coyotes, but they usually don't stop and I usually am not useing a shotgun in close. The Quiver Critter has been my best for coyotes because it seems to get them to stop and stare at it at about 20 yards away from it, setting up a good shot. This has happened several times, and never happens with any other decoys (on yotes). My Mojo while good on cats, seems to give fast fly bys on Yotes, and I always mess up on action that fast.

Id try feathers on a stick&string before investing in a decoy. But this is only due to my experiences. I have a Mojo, a JIB, a Quiver Critter, and a few others. I have had more run away than come in. Try the simple ways first. Good luck.

Yup the feather on a stick is the way IMO. Ive used 90% of the electric ones, from most companies and reverted to the feather. Easy to make, cost is about nil, no batteries & lasts forever UNLESS an owl or hawk takes it for a trip.
On top of the above it makes NO noise since its breeze operated.

Feather on s stick is a good decoy. You can always tell what the wind is doing when using it.

If you decide on a motion decoy I would definitely go with the FoxJack2. Fox Jack is a good decoy. I used them on my Spitfire and Fury when I had them. I now have one on my Shockwave and my Uncle PossumAl rigged one up for my CS24C.

This is Best decoy I have ever had
95d6e7e4.jpg

Last edited:
No pics but I used an old telescopic car antenna painted black, piece of fishing line with a swivel and 3 turkey feathers.

The turkey feather one of the favorite when got a light breeze and then you can have best of both worlds...I now have a foxjack 2 for my spitfire and have had a Blackjack also. Took the rabbit topper on the Blackjack and have modified it to use on the foxjack...now have 2 toppers...the woodpecker and rabbit. Switch around so not using same one all the time. The wire piece that the blackjack had will not fit the slot on the foxjack...too small. Just take some electrical tape and wrap the piece that fits down in the spinning top...makes it a little larger to fit snug so it will spin...now got 2 toppers. Both are great toppers...believe the woodpecker is best for fox and will also attract hawks and owls...get a spare because sooner or later they will drop down and get it and you can shoot them. Have seen hawks sit right beside the woodpecker and just sit and watch...like what are you so excited about.

Back