Best scope for .22-250???

tomuchtohandle

I'm reading all these different opinions on scopes. I already ordered my T/C Predator in .22-250 and waiting on it to be shipped to Dicks. I don't want to sound cliche but just adding a factory black scope on its going to make it look sorta stupid. I don't want to spend more money shipping out my scope to get it duracoated to match the snow camo either.Is the Thompson/Center Predator 3-12x40 scope any good for a match for this gun??? I'm willing to spend more money if need be. Should I go with a better quality scope??? Please advice!!!

One of the great things about a 22-250 is the fact that it's a very flat shooting round. I dont know what your are going after as far as game or the distances you are shooting out to. But if you are just using it for a calling rifle, you really dont need to get a scope with dialing turrets. Kind of hard to dial anyways with a dog running in at you.

My 22-250 has exactly 1 mil of drop at 400yds. That's 14.4". So if, you use a piece of glass that has a Mildot reticle, you are within the crosshair and the first dot below the crosshair out to 400yds if you are using a simlar acting round like what I have. Makes things alot esier in te field.

The Nikon prostaff 4-12 x 40 mildotscope is a very good peice of glass for around $200. The reticle is set for 12x. Kind of on the high side for calling coyotes. No problem. Put the scope on 6X, and you now have only a half mil drop (on 6x) out to 400yds. That makes it even easier for holdovers.

When I had my 22-250 I had a Leupold VX-II 4-12x40 with a Leupold dot reticle. Worked great for me, never had any issues with it.

I have no experience with Predator scopes, I am sure they are great; about any scope today priced above $200 is good or great.
I personally like a 6.5-20 Viper for a varmint gun, and am less concerned with its color than with its optics. They sell camo tape for those wanting full camo everywhere.

I went ahead and ordered the Thompson/Center Predator 3-12x40 scope. Should be here in a few days and I will let everyone know how how well it is.

Well u will be pleased with it my buddy has one and loves it.I use nikon coyote special and they are pretty much the same in my opinion.

Anyone wanting to put camo on a gun or a scope go to mossyoakgraphics.com they make universal kits for guns in almost any camo you want. I paid 30 bucks I think for the gun kit and another 10 for scope kit. I did my savage model 12 heavy barrel 22-250 with the brush camo and it turned out awesome. Takes awhile and can be a pain but the finish product looks like i sent it out and had it dipped. I just got my scope in the mail and will do it tomorrow and post some pics on here. Overall awesome product and really happy with it.

Not worrying about camo I went the other direction. I put a Zeiss 6.5 to 20 with varmint reticle on my Tikka 22-250 Varmint. Hitting those prairie dogs at 300 yards sure helped. Thanks for the camo info from Mossy Oak.

Just picked up my Thompson/Center Predator 3-12x40 scope and Claw sling for my .22-250
1113163308_01.jpg

Back