Best FoxPro call for bobcat?

I alternate between cottontail distress sounds and bird sounds, usually woodpecker sounds. The bird sounds have worked extremely well.

Thanks for the advice! Even though we have no jackrabbits I have called up coyotes with the jackrabbit call. Think i will use it more in the future. I believe it carries better than the cottontail in distress. Never tried the woodpecker.

Im by far no expert but i have called in a few cats using these sounds bay bee cottontail, red bellied woodpecker 1,2 ,snowshoe hair 1,2.

I just shot my first bobcat January of this year but have called in three more. Two were small and the third was in and out so fast I couldn't get a shot on it. The first call I try is "bobcat in heat". Two showed up to that(it was in April and June) call in about 15 minutes. I alternated between that and baybee cottontail(August) and the third one showed up. I am by no means and expert but those worked for me.

I am new here & wanted to share with you what worked for me. On the morning of Oct. 11, my step dad came in from getting the paper on his 4-wheeler & said a bobcat ran out right in front of him. At daybreak, I went out & set up near where he saw it. I have a Primos Alpha Dogg but I think all of the sounds are very similar. I started out with the bobcat in heat. Let it play for about 1:30 min. After about a minute of silence, I played the adult cotton tail in distress & almost instantly a fox came out in a full run. I took a shot & missed. I continued with the rabbit & within about 10 min. After I shot, I saw a bobcat sitting right in front of me at about 40 yards. I paused the call and 5 min. Later, he began prowling in the direction of my speaker. I stopped him, took a shot & got him!! My first bobcat on the morning of my 40th b-day!!! It's always been a dream of mine to get one so you can imagine how excited I was!!!

Back