Scope ring help

Predator slayer

Hi everyone I just bought a savage 10 rifle and a nikon coyote special scope. I was wondering if I can use the medium h.eight scope rings on it thanks

I'm sure they will work but if you can use low rings it would be better. use the lowest rings you can use without the scope touching the barrel.

Look at Joe Bob's site and get a one piece EGW rail. Savage stocks are so straight that you may need high mounts. Old school mounting told us to mount everything low but with new scopes, you need to see the whole eye piece. Your eye needs to be inline with the scopes center line. You need to see the eye piece with no shadows on the edges. My scope on my Savage model 10 is set at 2.5in above the center line of the bore. That is where I can see a clear picture of my eye piece. Not all faces are made the same that is why we have different rings. Find what works for you.

I think you will find that most of us have several sets of rings at different heights, some installed, some in boxes or drawers due to necessary trial and error efforts...As Willy1947 indicated, we are not all built the same and the difference in modern scopes and rifle stock configurations necessitate accepting that it's not a 'one size fits all' world....

Back