Predator rifle weight

Originally Posted By: Predator slayerHey. What's everyones average weight on all your predator rifles. With scope, bipod, sling.

when I get the scope mounted on my NEW Win. Mod.70 .243Win. Feather Weight it should be some where close to 7.5 pounds.

My Long range .243Win. weighs in at a hair over 10 pounds.

DAB

sounds about normal. WHen I get my Ruger Hawkeye Mk77 out of layaway and scoped I will let you know how much she weighs. Let us know how that 70 shoots. Oh yeah my ruger is a 243 also.
Daryl P.

Originally Posted By: Ernest IIsounds about normal. WHen I get my Ruger Hawkeye Mk77 out of layaway and scoped I will let you know how much she weighs. Let us know how that 70 shoots. Oh yeah my ruger is a 243 also.
Daryl P.

Daryl P.

Got the scope all mounted up today. I weighed it rifle and scope = 7 Pounds 9 Ounces. It has a great trigger for a factory gun and the barrel is free floated.
thumbup.gif

Now in the morning Ill bore sight it. Load some sighting in ammo. and take it to the range to play with it.
thumbup.gif

Will see how it does. Don't ask for pics as I am to dang stupid to post pics.
lol.gif
Just never tried.

DAB

14'ish pounds

I lug it around in an eberlestock lodrag pack so it's quite tolerable.

But it is up for sale, however, the new rig will probably weigh even more all up, and will be a 223. The 260 is a bit much when I can't seem to get the coyotes to stay more than 30 yards away.

Weight adds stability, this will help in maintaining POA during the shot as well, helps me to call my own miss, should I, also helps get those follow up shots off quickly. I also feel it provides a smoother swing for moving dogs. positives for long range

Does that make sense when all my shots seem to be close, no, but I like to be prepared for long range and let the short take care of itself, 17 years of waterfowling helps there.

I like them to be 10# or under. I will carry my Sendero on trips to the hog farm from time to time, but calling I usually try to keep it light.

AR = 6.5#,,,,CZ = 7.5#....That's as much as I want to carry around for very long....All of my heavier ones are reserved for bench type shooting....

I don't use a bipod, instead I use aluminum predator stix. Both Kimber Montana's I use are setup the same way. Ones a 17 Rem. and the other is a 204. Talley lightweight mounts, Leupold VX3 2.5-8X36, Vero Vellini sling, all up 6lbs. 4oz.
Perfect setup for me.

Most of the rifles I use for coyote hunting average about 7.5 pounds, scoped and loaded. I use sporter weight Model 700 bolt actions for my long range bean field stands, and have two featherwieght barreled rifles, a Winchester 70 Classic, and 700 Mountain Guide stainless. I generally use them when I don't expect really long shots. My AR's are carbines, one barreled with a rekon profile barrel, and the other with an Hbar barrel. Neither are very heavy at all.
I like the way lighter rifles swing on moving coyotes, and how much easier it is to carry them slung through brush. The shorter barrels don't chatch on every low hanging limb.

My CZ model 527 .204 "Varmint" Rifle weighs in at around 7 1/2 pounds with scope and sling...!

My Savage Axis Camo .223 Rifle is lighter and is probably closer to 6lbs...at least it feels lighter and is easier to carry and hold steady free-handed!

Back