This Warms The Cockles Of My Heart

azmastablasta

Voter Intimidation: Special Forces Veterans Organized To Maintain A Clean Election
Posted: November 5, 2012

A group of Special Forces veterans who are determined to prevent voter intimidation in Philadelphia have been dubbed Seal Team November 6. The former Navy Seals, Army Rangers, Green Berets, and Delta Force members reportedly want to make sure that there is not a repeat of the Black Panthers alleged intimidation of voters on Tuesday.

Former Navy Captain Benjamin Brink had this to say about the group’s plans on Election Day:

“The nation saw the video of members of the Black Panthers in Philadelphia intimidating people trying to vote in 2008. We are going to try and make certain that nothing like that happens this year.”

Brinks stated that more than 100 former Special Forces members have volunteered for the duty during the presidential election. Brinks noted that the mission involves observing and reporting, according to The Philly Post. The former Navy officer also stated the obvious referring to the character of his guys when he said his men are not easily intimidated. Group members will attempt to videotape any voter intimidation they encounter.

The “clean election movement” idea sprang the fight for voter ID laws and a video showing some Black Panthers members standing at the entrance of a polling place in 2008. The Get Out the Vet organization also works to make sure that all military members serving overseas get ballots and that those ballots are counted.

Brinks had this to say about military ballots:

“There are men and women fighting right now so that we have the right to vote in free and fair elections. We are just doing our part to make certain democracy works the way it is supposed to.”

Philadelphia will get “extra attention” due to the Black Panther presence at voting locations in 2008, but it is not the only city where the Get Out the Vet group will be on November 6. Special Forces veterans will also reportedly be positioned in Miami, Cleveland, and Las Vegas.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/387588/voter-in...OV7frb6weefi.99

I was highly annoyed by the clips of that black panther crap and would have acted exactly the same way I did in this situation.

True story, doesn't make any difference whether it was a democratic office or republican, it's the same thing.

I went to register last election because we had moved, and I see three straggly haired white trash types that we have too many of up here in the mountains. I parked in front and these guys are giving me crap about registering dem. I told them in no uncertain terms to shut the .... up.

I asked them in the office what the heck that was out front and they said they had called the police half a dozen times but they were taking off when the police came down the road.I said watch this.

I stepped out the front door and got in one guy's face and told him that if they were still out front when I got done registering that the three of them were going to get an epic beating. Guy gives me lip service and I cut him off and told him if he thought he was bad just be here when I get done, and walked back inside.

Well, I was these old ladies hero, they wanted to know if I could hang around for awhile as they had seen multiple older folks turned away because they couldn't deal with the confrontation. These clowns were gone when I got done.

I would expect anyone of the people here such as azmastablasta to do the exact same thing whether they saw this in front of a republican office or a democratic one, if he wouldn't he isn't near the patriot or man he thinks he is.

I hope the line on bipartisan differences is drawn on protecting the rights of all, not just your party.

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaLOL Tim Tebow just tweeted: I'm predicting Obama takes the early lead tomorrow.... until all the Republicans get off work.

LOL harder.

I'm hearing the GOP already rolling out the excuses for why Romney lost on FOX, the storm, it's Sandy's fault that Romney is losing "his momentum". Well storms come from one source.

Bad sign.

Woodguru, so, does your patriotic zeal end there, or is it partisan?

In the 2008 election, 2 Black Panthers were intimidating elderly white voters at a polling place in Philadelphia. It was filmed by a voter. The one carrying the club was the head of the Philadelphia Black Panthers.

Bush's Justice Department filed charges against them. As soon as Eric Holder got into office, he dropped the charges and simply got an injunction against them not to do it again. I didn't read a single article by a single legal analyst, or see a single show, explaining why the charges weren't allowed to stand. It reeked of politics.

So, should Eric Holder resign? Let's see just how non-partisan your patriotism really is.

Originally Posted By: woodguruI was highly annoyed by the clips of that black panther crap and would have acted exactly the same way I did in this situation.

True story, doesn't make any difference whether it was a democratic office or republican, it's the same thing.

I went to register last election because we had moved, and I see three straggly haired white trash types that we have too many of up here in the mountains. I parked in front and these guys are giving me crap about registering dem. I told them in no uncertain terms to shut the .... up.

I asked them in the office what the heck that was out front and they said they had called the police half a dozen times but they were taking off when the police came down the road.I said watch this.

I stepped out the front door and got in one guy's face and told him that if they were still out front when I got done registering that the three of them were going to get an epic beating. Guy gives me lip service and I cut him off and told him if he thought he was bad just be here when I get done, and walked back inside.

Well, I was these old ladies hero, they wanted to know if I could hang around for awhile as they had seen multiple older folks turned away because they couldn't deal with the confrontation. These clowns were gone when I got done.

I would expect anyone of the people here such as azmastablasta to do the exact same thing whether they saw this in front of a republican office or a democratic one, if he wouldn't he isn't near the patriot or man he thinks he is.

I hope the line on bipartisan differences is drawn on protecting the rights of all, not just your party.

***And then your alarm clock went off so you could go get your food stamps!

We have heard this story before!

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah, that was my first reaction, too, but I didn't want to outright call the guy a liar, and instead sought to find out just how unpartisan his patriotism really is. Unfortunately, he didn't answer the post, although he was on the forum long enough to make a couple of his own in the half hour after I posted it. I guess he just wanted to avoid the question.

I won't be able to vote tomorrow, so I went to vote today. In my county, early voting is done at the county clerk's office at the courthouse or it is mail in.

I can't imagine anyone standing in front of the courthouse threatening people. They would be arrested in a nanosecond.

The other thing that bothered me about the story was that he claims when he parked the guys were giving him crap about registering as a democrat. How did they know how he was registering?

And did he really run off 3 threatening men simply by making a threat? I doubt it.

Sounds like a fairy tale to me.

But I'd still be open to a discussion if he'll ever answer my question instead of avoiding it.

Originally Posted By: Ivers
I can't imagine anyone standing in front of the courthouse threatening people. They would be arrested in a nanosecond.

The other thing that bothered me about the story was that he claims when he parked the guys were giving him crap about registering as a democrat. How did they know how he was registering?

And did he really run off 3 threatening men simply by making a threat? I doubt it.

Sounds like a fairy tale to me.

I've read and written better fiction than that.

Well guys I normally don't feed the trolls but since he called me out specifically I spose I should chime in. Now we all know old peckerwoodie has a vivid imagination otherwise he couldn't be a Democrat and he has alluded to the fact he is an author, so maybe he's a fiction writer, who knows. Some of you have pointed out things that make this seem a bit of a stretch for sure. But for heavens sake, 3 Republican long haired trashy types, all in one place, at the same time, who can read minds, and this in California? Wow, I'm hard pressed on this one. Actually sounds like some of my relatives, But that would be Mississippi, not California, I'm just sayin. He's not describing the average run of the mill Republican, but it does sound plausible for Democrats.

Obviously I've made an impact on you woodie for you to specifically single me out. That's a good thing, a guy like you should be wary of me. It shows you're not as completely brain dead as your average Democrat. You've no doubt noticed my sig line "Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions." It's not there for window dressing. I live it, I breathe it and it guides me every day. I am particularly intolerant of liars, of stupidity, thieves and miscreants. I don't have much regard for people who come on here to disturb this place with BS as I consider this place my home. I can't help that, I was raised that way, and everyone who actually knows me personally believes it wholeheartedly. Many times in my life I have caused myself a whole passel of trouble by refusing to walk away and let it go, if you catch my drift. I've been shot, I've been stabbed and I've been beat so bad It looked like I was run over by a train. But I always returned to finish the discussion privately at a later date. You may not be aware and if not take heed. There are some people who walk this earth who may not be a badazz, but they just won't quit and they don't care about consequences. Stay away from those types, it will not end well for you. Don't know about you but I'm getting up there a bit. While I used to really enjoy a good fight, nowdays it takes too long to heal. Now if the need arises, I ALWAYS carry concealed, and I still don't care about consequences.

I really hate to call a guy a liar, so I won't. I can only tell you if it had been me in that situation I would have had a resolution before ever going in the first time. I don't believe in giving scumbags a warning before hand. If it happened as you described it you are extremely lucky to be alive. In most instances, people like you described are too stupid to realize that they're not invincible. People who are able to be scared away by someone getting in their face don't generally start a ruckus to begin with. The only way to handle them is with overwhelming violence delivered quickly and as a surprise. If you are concerned about repercussions then the smart thing to do is call 911 and wait for protection. I've never called 911 myself. That is another type I don't have much tolerance for, someone (healthy male) who should have the ability to be responsible for themselves and their safety and don't.

So to cut to the chase pardner, I believe in defending the helpless regardless of who they are when they are in the right. Even though you and I will never become drinkin buddies, had I been there I would have stood with you. And regardless of what your soulmate HB says, there have been times when I stood beside a black man facing unequal odds against white boys. I can't can't on 2 hands the number of times I've intervened to stop male on female violence, in fact it got me shot one time.

So, whether or not the story is true you managed to rile me up a bit. I don't tolerate anyone questioning my Patriotism or my manhood. Trust me it will not bode well for you if you do, I'm just sayin.

Originally Posted By: woodguruI was highly annoyed by the clips of that black panther crap and would have acted exactly the same way I did in this situation.

troll.jpg

Back