Best youth bow?

Mission "Craze" is hard to beat for a youngster.
Draw length from 19 to 30 inches. And weight 15 to 70lbs. All these adjustments can be made without a bow press. Last bow you would have to buy for him until he's ready for the latest greatest adult bow

Diamond razor edge. Best value for the money. Imho. It is so smooth and so quiet. Extremely accurate to. I had a ton of robin hoods with mine before i sold it. I needed something heavier than 60 lbs (70-80 lbs). But 60 is nothing to sneeze at. It has a good weight to it. Just enough forbit to feel balanced. It also has a short axel to axel which is good.

Btw. I had someone challenge me to see how close i could get my second arrow to my first arrow, and i shot one time and got a robin hood.

I'm partial to recurves. It will be easier for him to learn good form and hand eye coordination. But that's just me. My first bow was a Ben Pearson recurve.

I have a mathews genesis, its a compound that doesnt have let off, from what i understand at 20lb draw it is equiv to a 35lb recurve...pm me, ill let it go for cheap!

Mission bows by Mathews has 2. The Menace would be a great starter bow. Has draw length from 17"-30". They also have the Craze as mentioned before. Both are great youth bows.

Like bowsharleys said, Menace would be a great starter bow. Menace bottoms out at 52lbs. Not a bad thing if the kid is going to move on to a more upper end bow in his early teens. The Craze will go to 70lbs but physically a little bigger bow. Both have their niche.

I just got my son a Bear Apprentice 2 and it seems to be a real good bow. I don't know how it compares to the Mission bows, but he has done real well with it. Draw length can all be changed without a bow press. Draw Weight goes from 20-60# and I think the draw length adjusts from 15-27". It should last him for quite awhile. My son is 8.

There a lots of good choices for youngsters today. I took my 9 year old to a pro shop and there were 3 brands in stock. He chose a hoyt ruckus.

Go with the Bowtech diamond razor edge. Thats what i shoot and i absolutely love it. Its considered a youth bow but holds its own against the big bows. Its not priced to bad either. Bowtech diamond also has the infinity edge to might ought to check it out.

find a bow with the most range of adjustment. I know Bear and Matthews both have one that goes from 15ish lbs-70 lbs. Either way thats a tuff bow to beat for a kid

I like you was looking for bows for my kids as they got into archery just to have something to do in the winter (indoor youth league). I did a lot of research, and finally settled on the Craze for my son and the Menace for the daughter. I got them for the versatility and adjustments. Both are great bows and will last them well into the older ages. I figure if they are still into then, I'll up grade them.
grin.gif

My son who's 14 shoots the lights out with his Craze, and I just excersized one of its best features, in less then five minutes I adjusted his draw for him.
thumbup.gif

With any luck he'll be hunting caribou and black bear with it next year.

I am very new to this site. With that being said my 2 cents would go to the Diamond Infinite Edge. It is the perfect fit for my 12 year old for many years.The adjustablity is crazy. the nice thing is if he gets tired of it and dont use it anymore the resale will hold with all the people it fits theres my 2 cents.

I sell a lot of the new Diamond Infinite Edge bows..
Goes from 13-30" draw and from five pounds to 70 pounds. It is an engineering marvel!!
I sell these for $375 delivered in USA for the bow, rest, sights, quiver, peepsight and string loop..Im my mind you cannot beat this package.. I will be using one for my actual hunting bow this year!!

Jeremiah

My son started on a Bowtech Soldier. Like the Craze and the Razors Edge highly adjustable. They are great because they are not just a "kids" bow, it can grow with them.

Back